With my new 13 megapixel phone camera, I don't even use my regular point and shoot anymore. This camera takes very clear images! It's pretty amazing. Autumn is growing up so big and so fast. I can't believe how long her body is sometimes. Her personalty is getting more and more sweet and her brain is developing so quickly. I swear she is learning something new everyday. I love watching her grow and develop all of her skills. Here are a few of the things we have been up to.
One day I had to return a red box movie, so we took a walk down to Center Street and I found a pet shop! She loved looking at all the little animals for the first time.
Something so cute that Autumn does is put on her dad's hats...all on her own. And she'll wear it for a good 5 minutes before she takes it off. Her head is starting to fit them a little better now.
On the right, Autumn at the cabin. We went on a hike there in the snow because the trail to the cabin was not dry yet. She loves putting her hands in the snow, but seconds later she will be crying because of the freezing cold!
Dad thought it would be funny to put wrap her hands in tin foil. She thought it was weird, and kind of funny at first, then when she realized she couldn't move her hands or pick things up, she started whining. Dad is always doing funny things like this!
She tried sitting in her baby stroller, so I put her in it. She quickly realized she could get out on her own. Not far of a drop at all Autumn! I love that cute half smile of hers.
Her cute bathing suit! We went to the Scera Park Pools one day and she loved it! We've also been hitting seven peaks with our pass of all passes.
A beautiful hike up Squaw Peak road. We didn't really plan on doing this particular hike, but it ended up being one of the prettiest I have been on.
Such gorgeous wild flowers!
Unkie Dustie out for one of his visits. On the right, one of the cool features on my phone. It's not a video, it's a picture! It captures certain movements.
A few weeks ago we went to the Timpanogos Caves. It was a beautiful day with a lot of beautiful scenery to capture. Autumn was tired by the time we got up to the top and was pretty cranky during the tour. You win some you lose some, right?
She looks like a Hobbit!
And she crashed on the way down!
A swim with Unkie Dustie, and then a hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon with Unckie Richard. Dad and Richard ended up going exploring and left me and Autumn on a small part of a cliff for 20 minutes. Not the best move dad...he learned his lesson that day!
Autumn is just so cute! She has the cutest expressions ever! Always a smiley baby.
Sunday afternoon walk.
She is always getting into her books. She loves turning the pages over and over again. Hopefully she'll be an avid reader!
Two weeks ago we went to visit Autumn's old babysitter and her 3 girls. It was so much fun catching up and seeing them again! Kendra's little baby is so cute!
Often times when dad is at work I will take bubs out to the park and play in the sand. She loves to pick up the rocks and sometimes, even like to put them in her mouth. She likes to watch the dogs as they play around the grass and she loves to swing and go down the slide (with my help of course). We have some really great friends here at Orchard Creek. There are a lot of little kids Autumn's age!
I took Autumn to summerfest here in Orem and we did a little kids craft. She ended up almost choking on one of the sticker foams later. Luckily she spit it up but it was pretty scary! We also went to the parade the next day with some friends from our ward. Pretty cool!
Autumn and daddy at the ward party.
Hanging out at Grandma's house for Father's Day! We love you Spencer! Such a fab dad!
We got a surprise visit from my bestie Jamie Relei! Love this woman. Friends since 7th grade and it doesn't take much to catch up and pick up right where we left off!
Here are some notes from my journal about Autumn at 13 months:
Autumn is now 13 months old! Crazy! She is as cute as ever! She says "hi" and "uh oh" and plays pat a cake. She is getting very big and gets into everything. She likes to give kisses but hasn't learned how to purse her lips yet. She still just has 2 teeth! She likes it when I chase her and scare her behind corners. She likes to open and turn pages in books. She likes to wait at the door and loves to go outside. We have been taking her to the water park at 7 peaks and she loves it! She loves to splash in the wave pool and play around with her daddy. We are even brave enough to take her down the tube slides (well, daddy does that).
She sleeps in until 9 or 10 sometimes because her room is completely dark. It's so awesome! She is a great sleeper and loves to take her naps. She goes down really well. She loves to snuggle and kiss her bear right before bed time. She is getting a little more picky about what she eats now. She mostly loves baby food with meat in it and will tolerate things like peas and squash. She drinks about 20-25 ounces of whole milk a day, which is where she gets most of her nutrients from. She LOVES her bottle. It will calm her down 95% of the time. When she eats she likes to hand me little pieces of food so I can eat it too. It's so cute! She likes to drink out of my or Spencer's water bottle. She loves opening and closing lids to pretty much everything that has a lid. I can make her smile or laugh (it's not hard) all the time and tickle her. She loves to be tickled on her legs, neck, tummy, and back.
Whenever I say the words "da-da" she says it back and gets really excited and starts to look for him around the room. She is making all sorts of sounds and is practically talking. She uses the sign "all done" all the time now when she is done with her food. It is great to be able to communicate with her. She likes to run in the street and pay with any and every ball she sees. She also really loves to play with baby dolls and strollers. When we play pat a cake she does the roll it and pat it part. It is fun to watch her understand simple things like that and see her light up when she does something that we want her to do. She picks up on things very quickly. She knows where her belly, nose, toes, and ears are. When we say "where's your nose?" she'll squeeze our nose and we say "beep."
She is still very independent when she plays and loves to play with bowls and spoons. Just yesterday she found my ice cream bowl and spoon and ran around the house playing with it pretending to eat the ice cream. Sometimes when she has something she knows that I want back she'll start to run away from met. It's so funny to watch! I like to chase her down the hallway and say "I get you bubs". Sometimes she'll run away and then I will hide around the corner. When she knows I am not coming she'll try to find me and I'll scare her by yelling "roar" when she comes by. It has turned into a little game. Now she'll run away and then come back on purpose. So much fun playing with this little angel!
A couple of the things she dislikes: getting her diaper changed, picking or cleaning her nose, taking things away from her that she wants to play with, and getting into her car seat.
Likes: watermelon, dancing, cartoons, playing with grandma and her cousin Hayden, splashing in the water, pretending to talk on the phone, hugs and kisses, playing outside, getting into drawers in the bathroom, attempting to wear our shoes, putting her shoes on, taking her shoes and socks off as soon as we put them on, tickles, looking out the window, sharing our food, playing with books.
I love you miss Autumn Michelle Bagley! Thanks for bringing so much joy, love, and purpose into my life. You are an amazing daughter of Heavenly Father. I love having you as my daughter and so does your daddy. He and I love you more than the whole world. We love waking up to you in the mornings and kissing you goodnight. You are just a delight to be around!











































you guys have been busy!! so many fun pictures and adventures. i haven't spent a summer in Utah since 2008 and your post reminds me how much fun it can be there. i think i did that hike once - so pretty!
ReplyDelete