This summer we have spent quite a considerable amount of time at the homestead cabin. Spencer and I try to go up almost every weekend because it is so dang beautiful and we always have fun dirt biking and being in nature. The columbine flowers this time of year are in full bloom and the blue bells are ringing clear. The quaking aspens have never been fuller and the trails are all clear for riding.
One thing that has changed this summer is we have been renovating the cabin. We have spent several days re-sheet rocking the walls and the ceiling in the main living room. I have become quite the construction girl--from screwing in nails with a power drill to sanding the wall--I have definitely learned a lot and it has been quite the adventure and a fun project working with Spencer's dad and his brothers. Mama Bagley likes to sit and watch and read her book while we all work but we still love her :)
The first couple times we went up there it was still really early in the season so the roads were REALLY muddy! I'll be honest I love getting dirty! Especially when you don't care how you look (especially when camping). Spencer and I biffed it a couple times and Michael and I got our pants PRETTY dirty while riding on the back of the 3 wheeler while Spencer drove (I might add). Spencer always ends up taking me on trails that are out of my comfort zone. I have learned how to fall WITHOUT turning the throttle on full blast. It's OK to let go! I have learned that a couple times now. I never thought I would be into dirt biking--but I am so glad Spencer has taught me! It is something we can enjoy together and also with his brothers and sister.
There are always fun things to do up at Monte Cristo. One of our favorite games to play is Pictionary and Egyptian Speed. Michael has beaten me EVERY TIME so I am determined to keep practicing. We also enjoy bringing novels up to read, cooking dutch oven meals, and cleaning the inside and outside of the cabin. The time flies when you are busy and especially since we have been doing construction. Here are a couple pics from the last few times we've been up there.
This is a picture of the main cabin (the one we don't stay at but our relatives do)
Family Picture of The Bagley's
Mush, Brad, Richard, Spencer, Julie, Michael, Christie, Ben
not pictured: Brandon
MUD!!! Thanks Spencer!
Our cabin. Spencer's Grandpa built this about 40 years ago. As you can see there is a lot of work to do!
Richard and Spencer working on the 3 wheeler.
This is a REGULAR thing to do since the 3 wheeler brakes down a lot! But it is really fun to ride :)
so it's all worth it!
We call this the PEE TREE. hehe. Or the tree of life. You choose.
I caught him staring into the sky. Isn't the lighting amazing in this picture?
Making breakfast for the boys
This is the top of Eccles Point. In the background you can see Wyoming.
We took a picture just like this last year when Spencer and I were just barely dating.
Up next: more pictures of the cabin and reconstruction.
That is so pretty! Looks like lots of fun.
ReplyDelete