Just Call US BOZ
Originally we were going to go to Vegas but we decided to postpone that trip for a while and wait until it got warmer so we can swim. Sundance seemed like the perfect Valentine's outing for the 4 of us. I used to spend SO MUCH TIME with Chelsea and Jed before they moved to Colorado. It was really nice catching up with them again and feeling like we were back to normal.
Spencer and I had so much fun snowboarding together. He was SO PATIENT with me and coached me a lot. Turns out he's really good!
We left on Friday afternoon and decided to go NIGHT SKIING/SNOWBOARDING. I hadn't been snowboarding in like 3-4 years so I wasn't looking forward to it. The hardest and most embarrassing part about snowboarding is when I get off the ski lift. We went on only three runs and everytime I got off the lift I ended up falling...but Spencer was there to help and cheer me along so everything was great. I had a lot of fun boarding actually. I'm not as scared of the mountain as I used to be. I was hoping the time would last LONGER so I could practice some more! The surroundings at Sundance are so beautiful! It was a perfect night for snowboarding and we all had a really fun time. After that we went back to the cabin for some really good hot chocolate and Tony's Pizza which weren't very big! We stayed up late and watched the movie UNSTRUNG HEROES which is an excellent movie if you are looking to find a good movie to watch. Spencer and I were so exhausted and so used to going to bed around 10:30 or 11 that we fell asleep right when it started.
Happy As Can Be!
The next morning we woke up about 9am only to open the blinds in our bedroom to see the prettiest view ever! Snow was slowly falling and the trees were so green it was just beautiful. I felt so lucky to be there away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life. I kept saying to everyone "I love just sitting here and doing nothing...I love not working...I love being lazy!" We watched a couple more movies that day and pretty much just relaxed. We made reservations for "lunch" which was supposed to be dinner but it was all booked up at a really nice restaurant at the ski resort. Chelsea and I had WAY too much fun taking pictures and the boys HATED every minute of it. Chelsea and I are huge picture takers so I feel bad for our husbands. One day they'll love it I'm sure :)
Loving the fireplace!
Later that night we had a speed scrabble war. Chelsea and Jed beat us everytime...but we still had so much fun! It is my new favorite game and it's really fun to play against couples. It was a crazy night though. Jed stayed up until 5AM PLAYING UNO! They also pretended to be witches and were flying around the house on brooms. They felt left out of the pictures so they started taking photos with inanimate objects like pens and salt shakers. Good times at the SYBROWSKY cabin ;)
Later on we ate some more pizza and watched the movie "Paycheck" with Uma Thurman and Ben Affleck. I thought it was also an EXCELLENT movie! Another movie we watched was the classic Breakfast at Tiffany's which was actually really cute. A little confusing to us but it all made sense at the end. We again fell asleep watching movies. I couldn't believe how fast time was going.
A little bit of snowball fightin'
The next morning Chelsea and I got up a little earlier and cooked the boys breakfast for VALENTINE'S DAY!! We made heart shaped pancakes, fruit, eggs, and LOTS AND LOTS OF BACON. The boys ended up helping us a lot and everything tasted so delicious! After breakfast we hurried and cleaned up, showered, and SPED DOWN THE MOUNTAIN for church. We made it to sacrament just in time. We had to go to a single's ward sacrament in the exact same building I used to go to church. We saw our old friend Jenna Ralston who is now Relief Society President! So crazy! Church was really great that day. I love going to church with my husband and getting that spiritual upliftment that carries throughout the week.
When we returned to the cabin Chelsea and Jed began preparations for dinner club that night and Spencer and I exchanged gifts. We both wrote each other cards and I got him a box of chocolates. He bought me a pink and red rose which were SO beautiful! I love flowers so much so it meant a lot to me that he did that. He also got me some new workout pants for teaching school. His letter was so sweet and sincere and made me cry. I just loved it and I'm going to keep it for a long time! It just reminded me how much he really loves me and cares for me. Sometimes I don't think I deserve him. He is such a great person and works so hard. I love that he chose me!
Our dinner club peeps arrived around 6:30 and it was so fun seeing them all again. Dinner club is Chelsea, Jed, me, Spencer, Katelyn, Trevor, and Christian and Stephanie. We meet together about two times a month. They are great company. We always have some good laughs and REALLY good food. Chelsea and Jed made the best homemade salad and soup. I wish I had more room in my stomach so I could eat more! After dinner we ate some YUMMY dessert and played another game of speed scrabble. After that we all went around and talked about our most romantic moments as couples. So cheezy but fun to listen to.
The next day we packed up and left to spend time with Spencer's family. We ate really good pizza from THE PIE and watched ANOTHER movie called The Lightning Thief. I give it a B+. Anyway, the weekend went to quickly for me. I had SO much fun and I'll always remember this special first Valentine's Day:) Thanks Ba for making it so fun!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWow. Sounds like you had an amazing Valentines weekend. I'm so happy for you Julie, Will and I were looking at your wedding pictures and man, you look stunning! Glad we are finally going to hang out more and hopefully go on a married person date. YEAH!
ReplyDelete