There have been SO many thoughts running through my head this week and I really needed to get them on paper(i.e. blog). So last November I got laid off from my Quail Run Primary school job. Yes, a very sad and depressing week for me. But I got over it! I found another job through Kaplan and things were going great. Until about a month ago when I started getting antsy and bored again. My whole life I have been a busy bee. Whether it has been work, school, church, or sports, I have always been very busy. It's funny how life can be one way one minute and completely different the next. Needless to say I had the itch to get busy again. So I've been thinking about a few options. A. Going back to school. B. Continue looking for PE/Health jobs (which believe me are hard to find). C. Getting another part-time job D. Get a full-time job. I really like(d) the idea of going back to school and continuing my education, so I went to UVU and checked out their elementary education degree. It actually sounds really exciting and fun and I think I may even be applying in the next few days! If I have a degree in El Ed then I will be a lot more likely to get a teaching job, however, I will miss teaching PE because it is my passion. The program would only take me less than 2 years to complete and I can start as soon as this summer taking classes! I chose UVU over BYU because I wanted a different college experience. I LOVED BYU, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to try new things you know? I have also been searching for more PE jobs but yeah it is very competetive out there and the job market for that field is very sparse. I had a couple interviews this week with a chiropractic office and a Quick Check loans place and I am still waiting to hear back from them to get my hours up to full-time. As long as I can have a job that keeps me busy and keeps the money flow coming in I know I'll be OK.
Do any of you ever feel like you could be doing more in your life? Or am I alone on this? I thought after college I would either have a fabulous career going for me, or that I would become a mother right away and live happily ever after. I guess life isn't always what you expect it to be. Don't get me wrong, I am actually really happy with my life and have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, family, friends, home, cars, a job, and a testimony. I really just want to be doing something that I love. I guess that is what it comes down to. When I was teaching I felt fulfilled. So I am very excited to be starting this elementary program. I think it will be really great!!!
UVU has an EXCELLENT elementary ed program. I loved my experience their. They helped me feel so prepared for the actually teaching field. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Downtown! I like how you have multiple options and you're pursuing...all of them! haha.
ReplyDeleteHey, once it gets a bit warmer, you want to go hiking sometime? I'll try to be in shape by then, but I'm no marathoner like you. (read between the lines: I've had a desk job for 4 years and just had a baby...but I need to get out and enjoying the amazing outdoors we have here, and I know you love to, too.)
I went through the exact same thing for a few years after I graduated! I felt like I had so many options of what I could do with my life, and I wasn't sure what to do. (Then I finally got pregnant, so....lol.) I hope things work out the best way possible for you! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry. As soon as you have a couple babies, you won't have any downtime! Ha ha! In the meantime, enjoy the break. Do things you've always wanted to do. You may not ever get a break like this again!
ReplyDelete