Pages

Thursday, March 1

About Me

I just barely figured out how to add another page to my blog and I'm pretty excited about it! I grew up in a very small town in Northern California called Jamestown (but I claim Sonora). I joined the church when I was just 12 years old along with my two older brothers and my mom Connie. I moved to Utah when I was 17 just two weeks after graduating! I attended BYU for 5 years studying Exercise Science: Physical Education Teaching/Coaching and a minor in Health Education. I have been teaching for the past 5+ years part-time and full-time. I have taught middle school and elementary school PE and I really enjoy both. Currently I am at Westfield Elementary in Alpine. This is the longest consecutive job I have had since teaching and I'm pretty proud to still be there. I love my students and I really enjoy teaching PE. Call me crazy but it is so much fun and really rewarding.

I married my best friend in the whole world on December 19, 2009. I waited forever to meet him and when I did I knew we were meant to be. We met because he served a mission in my hometown. Don't get any ideas! He served as a missionary for 10 and a half months and even taught my step dad. I only met him one time at Thanksgiving but it was not anything magical (that came later). The night before he left to go home to Utah my brother Dustin (his ward mission leader at the time) went to his apartment and gave him my phone number and said he better call me!  A few weeks went by and I never heard from him. He finally added me as a friend on Facebook. I started chatting with him and he asked me out. Our first date was totally epic and crazy (lasting 5+ hours!). We had an amazing connection right away. He wasn't convinced that I liked him though, so it took me texting him and asking him when we'd get together again to ask me out on another date! After our 2nd date which started with a baby shower and a trip to the temple, we were hooked! 5 months later engaged and married 8 and half months later in the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple. Our first few years of marriage were so fun, getting to know each other and figuring out the whole marriage thing. Not without its ups and downs, but all for the better and every experience has helped us to be stronger and closer along the way.

In August 2011 I found out I was expecting! I was beyond the moon excited! Our little angel Autumn Michelle was born April 17, 2012. She is nearly 2 and we love her more than the entire universe. We are so excited to be expecting ANOTHER baby! Due September 20, 2014. Life is incredible and we are so blessed. Spencer has been studying and working like crazy these last four years. He has changed schools and majors but has finally decided on Computer Science and loves it! He should be done in about 2 years. For now we live in Orem in a condo with wonderful friends and a church ward. Someday I look forward to being a stay at home mom with our very own house. I do enjoy this phase of our life. I will be getting my professional teaching license this year which will be a huge accomplishment for me. Level 2! Lots of exciting things coming our way! I hope you enjoy reading our blog and getting to know us better.

No comments:

Post a Comment