Pages

Sunday, February 26

Valentine's 2012

Valentine's Day was so much fun! Although it really wasn't fun until I got off of work. I had PARENT/TEACHER conferences that night. I don't mind meeting with the parents, but staying at work for 12 hours is not my idea of fun OR relaxing, especially being 8 months pregnant.

That morning, so Spencer would have something to keep him in the Valentines spirit until I got home, I decorated the bathroom with hearts and wrote on the bathroom mirror. He woke up he texted me and said "Happy V-Day. Thanks for the surprise it was really cute!"


I endured the long day of work, being overly tired and SO ready to be home. On the way home I called Spencer and he pretended like he was doing nothing, just playing games on the I-POD. He was like "so what are we doing tonight...what do you want for dinner?" And I was like "I'm not that hungry, and you said you were going to have the evening planned." So he had me all worried that we were going to have a boring Valentine's night (the little stinker). He called me up later on my way home and told me he had fibbed.

When I got home I was completely surprised with a beautifully clean house, dinner completly prepared, and flowers and a cute Valentine's card all prepared on the table. There were even candles lit! My, what a guy. I came prepared with some Martinelli's, chocolates, caramel cadbury eggs (his favorite) and a home made Valentine's card I had made the day before. It was a great night!

On the menu: New York Steak, diced potatoes, salad, pineapple, and Marvin Joe's. It was the best dinner Spencer had made in a really long time. And it tasted so delicious!


After dinner we opened up gifts and headed off to Blockbuster to rent a movie. We ended up getting Soul Surfer and Wall Street. We were pretty tired that night so we didn't even finish the movie. It was such retty relaxing and romantic evening. Valentine's day is so much fun, even if you can only celebrate it for a few short hours.  

Thanks Spencer for a great night and for the wonderful meal. You are a true star!

No comments:

Post a Comment