This season Spencer and I have been lucky enough to see a couple BYU Men's and Women's Basketball games. The first one was against Loyola Marymount. We lost 68-82 but it was still a lot of fun to watch. We randomly got to see Chelsea, Jed, and Andrew during half time which was a real treat! They even gave us their half time snacks.
Spencer has become such a big BYU fan over the past two years, which is pretty unbelievable since he used to be anti-BYU everything when I first met him. Oh the power of the Cougar!
Funny story with this picture. We kept trying to get a good angle of us (above) so we took a ton of pictures. Finally this lady came up to us and said "here, let me take a picture for you." So she got this much better picture angle of us (below) with the court in the background where we are not so close up. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask for help! Thanks random lady :)
The second game we went to was on a Thursday night. I surprised Spencer for our date night and he loved it! We watched the women's team play against Gonzaga and they tore them apart. We had so much fun even though it was the girls team. They are actually really good and pretty fun to watch. Go Noble Steed! (the point guard)
I have always wanted to share my love of BYU with my husband. I always enjoyed going to all the sporting events when I attended school there and I'm so glad Spencer can share that with me now. We are still waiting to hear if Spencer has gotten into BYU or not. It has been really hard waiting! I am hoping he gets in, but if not, I'm sure the Lord will have other great plans for our family. Either way, I know Spencer will be successful with whatever he does in his life. He is a hard worker and will excel at any university. I am just glad he is leaving UVU since so many of the classes there are pretty much impossible to get into because of the increasing student body.
Hopefully we can get to a couple more games this year. Go BYU!!


No comments:
Post a Comment