Ok, so this is probably the most random thing we have ever done together. On February 3rd (Friday afternoon) Spencer and I had just gotten off of work and school, and as soon as I came home he said "let's go do something!" So I said "ok, let's go!" We often get out of the house not knowing what we are going to do, but usually end up doing something pretty fun. I was still wearing my PE teaching clothes and didn't even bother changing as I thought we'd be back home soon. So we started heading South on I-15 and made it all the way to Provo where Spencer pulled off to show me some of the construction work he had been doing on a trailer park last summer.
As we were driving down he said "want to go to St. George?" I was like "yeah, let's go!" Not really thinking he was serious or that we'd really go. We had talked about going for Lincoln's holiday in a couple weeks, but the house we could stay in was going to be reserved. We knew this weekend it was free. So as we started to get back on the freeway to head wherever we were going to go, Spencer asked one last time "do you want to go to St. George?" And at the last second when he was about to head back North I said "yes, let's do it!" So he began driving South. I couldn't believe we were actually doing it. Reality set in and we soon realized we had NOTHING PACKED, nothing was planned, but we had nothing to do for the next 36 hours so we took off and let me tell you it felt really nice to do something spontaneous.
The drive down was so much fun. We talked A LOT and listened to some fun music. We arrived at 8:30pm and ate some quick dinner. We were pretty tired and popped in a movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet which was pretty cute! The night quickly wound down and we hit the sack at about midnight. We woke up the next morning at 8:30am and Spencer surprised me with some breakfast as I showered and did laundry since I had NO change of clothes lol. After breakfast we headed over to Tuacahn, a huge outdoor musical theatre. We have yet to attend a show there but we like to visit it and hang out (plus we needed an ATM to have money to get into Snow Canyon). They will be showing "Aladdin" this summer, so as you can see Spencer will be the genie and I will be playing Jasmine. You should come, we are great actors.
After Tuacahn we went on a short hike to Snow Canyon and took in as much of the scenery as possible. I LOVE St. George! It is so beautiful. The red rock is magical in my eyes. I ran my marathon in 2010 right down Snow Canyon so we drove part of that route back to the house. It was cool re-living the run and remembering certain parts of the race. I still can't believe I ever ran a marathon. Thinking about running 3 miles right now would be so hard! I can't wait to be able to run long distances again.
My map navigator. Nice face Spence.
As soon as we got into the park he turned into a climbing monkey! I have a video of him climbing up a rock wall. He is pretty adventurous and that's why I love him!
Love the geologic formations down South.
Happy warm Saturday! The weather was so nice. I loved not having to wear a jacket! I am 30 weeks here.
Later that day we went to Texas Roadhouse (our favorite restaurant) and stuffed ourselves silly. We then went back to the house, watched ANOTHER movie, and then crashed for 3 hours. Boy were we tired! When we woke up we went out to Baskin Robbins and stuffed ourselves again. There should be no rules on vacation about how much you eat or sleep I say! We came back to the house and watched ANOTHER movie! It's amazing how lazy you can be in just ONE day. Haha.
It was such a fun trip and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We stayed one more night and then headed back the next morning (early) to make it back to our ward. Spencer drove the whole way while I tried to sleep and we made it home by noon. What a fast, fun, and fabulous trip! We hope to make it down again before the baby comes. Viva la vida baby!
That IS fun! Boy take advantage of the spontaneity now, b/c with a baby, you really can't be that kind of spontaneous. Ever.
ReplyDelete