Pages

Friday, February 17

Baby Update

I am officially 32 weeks, only 8 more to go! And in two days I'll be 33 weeks. I can't believe how fast the 3rd trimester has been going. I have been very anxious lately about the baby coming, but I'm also trying to enjoy it as well. I have had a lot of heart burn this past week, and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I have also had some relief the past two days. So far I have really enjoyed being pregnant. I love the fact that I am growing another human being inside my body and that one day, I get to meet her and feel her and watch her grow. It is the most incredible experience being able to create life. I love it! And to be able to share that with my husband has made it all that more special. We have decided on a name, but it's not for sure yet until she's born so we are keeping it under wraps for now. Spencer says the name reminds him of everything that is beautiful. I have been trying to keep up on taking weekly photos, but I'm sure I have missed a few weeks.

A lot has happened since school has started, but at the same time, not much has really happened either! I am still teaching full time, with a sore back and all. The hardest part about being pregnant so far is my sore lower back. It has become so debilitating that I often times have a hard time walking and going up and down stairs. After a long day of teaching, and being active with my students (as much as I can), I come home and have to lay down for an hour just to rest my muscles. I usually take a nap after work just so I can get rejuvenated for the rest of the evening. This past week we had parent teacher conferences and I was SO tired from it, and Valentine's day being the same night, that on my day off today I slept until 10am! It felt so nice to not wake up at 6am. I love the weekends! It is so nice to rest and get caught up on sleep. I have been counting down the days until the baby is born. I only have like 28 days left of teaching, and 50 more days until my due date.

My mom bought a plane ticket to come out a week before the baby is born! I am so excited to have her come. It will be a big help I am sure, since she is so good with kids. Seeing her with my brothers kids has only taught me positive things about mom's super ability to take care of grand kids. I have also signed Spencer and I up for a birthing class at the Central Utah Women's Clinic in American Fork. I wanted to get familiar with the birthing process, the hospital, different breathing techniques, etc., so I thought it would be a good idea to take a class. We start our first one on Thursday! I hope it will be helpful and alleviate any fears I have about giving birth. I want to do natural child birth, but I'm also open to an epidural if I really feel like I need one. Hopefully the class I attend will push me in making the right decision for me.

We have started putting the baby room together and I am getting really excited! We have been painting our dressers and they look really nice so far. There are a few more things we need to purchase before the baby arrives, but I'm not too worried as we can always buy things as we see needed. One thing I did buy that I really love is a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag (Indian Summer). I bought it really cheap off of E-Bay. Thanks Chelsea for introducing me to those bags! I am really excited to use it in just a few short weeks. I have a ton of cute baby clothes already. It is so much fun shopping for a baby girl! There are so many cute things out there. I usually get all the clothes for a really cheap price at Sears Grand or from Kid to Kid. So much of their stuff is barely used and in great condition. I am also really looking forward to my baby showers that will happen in March. I am going to have a friends shower, and a family shower. I feel so blessed to have people willing to throw me a shower.

My doctor appointments have all been going smoothly. I took the blood glucose test and everthing came back normal. The midwife says her head is in the right position so unless she decides to move, there won't be any C-Sections (cross my fingers)! I love hearing the heart beat of our little baby girl. She is very active mostly in the evenings right before I go to sleep and I feel her periodically throughout the day. She sits mostly on the right side of my body and has no problem kicking my ribs :) Last night I had a dream that she was already born but I had no memory of her even coming out! She looked so precious and I loved her so much. It still seems like so far away until she gets here. But 7 weeks really isn't that long, right? I'm sure she will be here before I know it.

Here are some pregnancy pictures that we have taken. Some of them are good, others, well, you can be the judge. I feel rather big in a lot of these pictures, but that's all part of the process, right?

28 Weeks



29 Weeks


30 Weeks


32 Weeks (Valentine's Day!)


More updates to come! Thanks for reading. Comments are welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Gets me so excited for you and I can't wait to meet your baby girl too. :) She is going to be the cutest little person. Thanks for the update, it's good to hear what you are doing. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're getting all ready to pop and bring your little girl home. :) It's great you're going to that child birthing class together. Just a tip (not that you've asked) but if you really want to try for natural, I recommend being thoroughly prepared with some great relaxation and breathing techniques. I read the hypnobirthing book and it was great for me for all three of my births but I've heard a lot of people say they like the Bradley method. It's just that I've had a lot of friends say they go in hoping for a natural birth but end up getting an epidural and they feel disappointed that they couldn't do it. It's not that they couldn't have done it, it's just that a natural birth requires a bit of mental preparation and some breathing and relaxation practice. But, if you think you might like to get an epidural anyway, then go for it. I would just hate to think that you really have your heart set on trying for a natural birth but then not getting what you want when it could have happened with just some preparation. I hesitate to say anything because I'm afraid some people take advice like this as judgmental, and I'm really not. Like I said, whatever you want is what's best. You're comfort and happiness is truly the highest priority for you and your baby. And if that means having a natural birth, then I say to arm yourself with the tools you'll need to get it. If being happy and at peace during labor for you means having an epidural, then more power to you. :)

    ReplyDelete