Pages

Saturday, March 31

Baby Shower #1

This is the 1st of 4 baby showers I will be having. I feel so much love for this baby...it is almost touchable! Anyway, the first shower was on March 16th at the Bagley home in West Jordan, hosted by Michelle (mom-in-law) and Teri (aunt) and the rest of their family. We were originally going to have the shower in Richmond during conference weekend, but we decided that would be too close to the due date and we would be too far away in case I went into labor early. I was so grateful that people were willing to throw ME a baby shower. It is amazing how much love I feel and how many friends and family are there, excited, and ready to meet my little girl! It is so unreal to me that I will be a mom in less than a month. How did this happen so fast? I remember back in January thinking "three whole months until the baby comes and maternity leave starts." It felt like forever away, and now it is here. And if feels like no time has passed at all. Weird!! 

My last day of school snuck up on me and I woke up feeling sad that it was my very last day to wake up early to drive to SLC. At the same time, I was secretly SO excited to have time off of work and get even more ready for the baby. I will miss my students. I have learned so much from them, and I feel like I have really grown as a teacher. Who knows if I will be back next year or not...if not, then I feel I did my best this year and progressed in more ways than I could have imagined. Learning how to discipline, coaching two sports, managing 50+ students at a time, and at the same time trying to keep up with my pregnancy definitely polished me as a more patient person and harder worker. I had my ups and downs for sure. I am proud to say I only cried one time after a class of hellions were being rude and disrespectful to me, but I quickly learned what I needed to do to gain their respect and make sure that NEVER would happen again. I left on my last day feeling accomplished, respected, and full of progress. It was a great feeling leaving with no regrets (and knowing I had prepared well for my long-term sub to have a smooth transition). 

So back to the shower...I wanted to make my hair look different so I decided to curl it a bit. I am in the process of growing out my hair again, but I'm actually enjoying having it short. It is at a fun length but I also am anxious for it to grow longer. Before the shower even began we got a knock on the door from a lady in the ward. She had made this super cute hand made pink leopard onesie and hand made shoes, with an Easter looking blanket and burp cloth. I loved it! It got me so excited for the rest of the shower. I looked forward to this shower all week and couldn't wait for the weekend to come. Also, because the next day I was going to be given ANOTHER shower by my friends. Such a fun baby weekend for me!


Michelle, Hayden, and Christie. She had her baby on November 1st. He is such a fun, cute, and loving baby. I am happy that my baby will have cousins so close to his age! My mother in law has been so excited and can't wait for her granddaughter  to come out. We have been shopping so many times together and probably got too many baby clothes :) I love how close we are getting. It is really neat to have a whole new family to share my life with!

My mom, Connie Watson, really wanted to be here for the shower. I found myself really sad before the shower began because she was not there. I knew she would have been there if she could. BUT! Even better news, she will be here on April 8th for the baby so we will have plenty of time to catch up and be together then. She and I have been talking on the phone a lot more during my pregnancy and I feel a lot closer to her because of it. I know how much she loves my baby! 
She will have 7 grandchildren come July. Crazo!


Spencer, excited to hold his nephew! I can't wait to see him hold ours. I just can't wait to see what she looks like! Blonde hair, blue eyes, brown hair, green eyes? Who knows?


Opening up my first present. Diapers! So glad I got lots of diapers. We had only one pack.


Spencer writing down all the gifts I received. Such a cute face. And more home-made booties! I got so many cute home made things. So lucky to know so many talented women. 


Here are the women of the hour! Erin, Melanie, and Michelle. They are Ruth Ann's daughters and granddaughter. They drove all the way down to West Jordan from Tremonton and gave me the most beautiful quilt and burp cloths. It meant so much for them to come, since Ruth Ann and Carl (grandparents) are on their mission in Australia and couldn't make it (obviously). 


Here is the quilt they made me. So far my favorite quilt! I love the colors. So Spring like!


The two in the middle, along with a few other relatives, were the ones who helped put on the shower. They made the strawberry shortcake, the invitations, and bought me some beautiful tulip flowers. They are so generous!!! Several ladies from Spencer's home ward came and stopped by to drop off gifts. 





Spencer's old friend Lindsay Gillis came with her cute baby and gave us a ton of gifts! Their whole family pitched in and bought our baby a lot of cute items. 


This is Spencer's cousin, Hope. She and her sisters got me a ton of hair bows and cute accessories.


Best homemade strawberry short cake in the world! She even made a chocolate cake, which I had never tried before with strawberries. So delicious! 


Sister-in-law Christie! She has been so supportive and helpful during the pregnancy. It's nice to get advice from people who have already been through pregnancy and labor. She is an amazing friend and I am so happy she is my sister!


Mama "Mush" Bagley. She also teaches middle school in West Jordan. She is the reading teacher and they just love her. It's nice to swap stories about teaching. The drama never ends with middle school!


She crocheted all of these swaddle blankets, burp clothes, and bibs. It took forever and I could not believe how much she did for me! She also helped make the cute cow outfit below for Black and White Days in Richmond. We are planning on attending that in May. I can't wait for little baby to be decked out in cow attire! Yee haw!

Check out the BYU and John Deere. Oh yeah!




All the girls from Michelle's side. 


All the Bagley ladies. I couldn't believe how many people came! Every single aunt and cousin came to the shower. They are such a dedicated family. I could not have hand picked better people to be my in-laws. Heavenly Father sure was looking out for me when I got married. 


Beautiful "pink baby" tulips. They were perfect and bloomed just a few days later. 


And finally, all the presents I was excited and grateful to open the next day. This picture does not do it justice. There was so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment