Pages

Tuesday, April 3

Spencer's 24th Birthday!

Another year, come and gone for me sweet baby Spencer! I was so excited for his birthday this year. I could not believe he was turning 24! The same age I was when we got married. He is growing up too fast I tell ya! When we met he was just barely 21. It is crazy to think that 3 whole years have passed since we met! He is the best person I know. Such a hard worker, loyal to his family and friends, always trying to do what is right, spiritually minded, incredibly smart, and did I mention really really good looking? Oh, and he is a great friend, listener, makes me laugh non stop, and serves me to no end. He has been so supportive during the pregnancy. I have not always been the happiest and most cheerful person at times (like when I felt like I was having a heart attack due to Costochondritis, or when my dad passed away and I was crying ALL THE TIME). He has been there for me and has never made me feel less important or bad for feeling the way I do. He is a true example to me of patience and love. He has taught me so much about letting the little things go, taking each day and living it to its fullest. I love how adventurous and happy he is all the time. I rarely see him in a bad mood and rarely does he ever get mad. If he does, it isn't very much. Pretty much he is the perfect fit for me and all my weaknesses turn into strengths when he is near. I love him so much, so I wanted to make his birthday extra special and fill it with the people that he loves and cares about the most.

Since Spencer just got accepted into BYU I wanted to make the birthday BYU themed. On Monday I told Spencer I had some "errands" to run down at Babies R Us but really I was down at BYU getting some presents for his birthday. Hehe. I also wanted to celebrate the day with other people and save another night for just us. So I invited Chelsea and Jed, Trevor and Katelyn, and Michael and Jackie, and Spencer's parents (who couldn't make it because they were celebrating their anniversary that night). I wasn't sure how to make it a surprise if it was on his actual birthday (Wednesday) but everyone couldn't make it that night anyway, so we switched it to Tuesday. I had been making the cake like 3 days before his birthday, which he later told me he thought was odd, but I wanted to make sure everything was finished before Tuesday night.

Luckily, we both have Young Men/Young Women on Tuesday and he is usually gone until about 8:30pm. I snuck out around 7:50 to come home and get some last minute things finished before the guests arrived. Everyone showed up between  8 and 8:15 so it was perfect! We all quickly hid when we heard the door open, and poor Andrew was left in the living room by Jed. Jed realized he left him there and picked him up right before Spencer walked down the stairs and hid in the room. When Spencer came in he saw all the presents and the strawberry cake on the table and said "Julie, what did you do!"





At that moment we all popped out and yelled "SURPRISE". He was soooo surprised and was totally caught off guard. It was so much fun to see that expression on his face! I'm so glad he didn't catch on to any of the clues I was accidentally leaving. I'm not very good at keeping secrets or surprises, but sometimes Spencer is oblivious to things like this (luckily) so it all turned out perfectly!



And the guests! Katelyn and Trevor are such great friends. Katelyn was really there for me when my dad passed away, and when I was having chest pains. She is a great example. And Trevor, well, just look at the guy! Friendliest face in town. 



The Birthday BOY!


If you look carefully you can find a B, Y, U!



Looks like Jackie is about to blow out the candles and Andrew looks terrified!


Everyone eating cake and hanging out, getting ready for present time! (What is Andrew up to now?)


I like this picture because it looks like he is pulling out red lingerie. Hehe. 


Trevor and Katelyn got Spencer some REALLY cool gifts. Like this flute that makes a really cool train noise, and some Powerade and Crystal Light mix (which Spencer has been using everyday since!)


Jackie and Michael drove all the way down from SLC. Michael and Spencer are best buds and have been since like junior high. They are awesome friends and we love hanging out with them!


Chelsea and Jed got Spencer an ITunes gift card! Which he loves. Thanks guys! I guess they knew him better than I thought. If you know Spencer, you know he loves his musica!


BYU SHORTS! He has a pair from Utah State, UVU, and now BYU. I also got him a BYU hat, a BYU waterbottle, and a few other odds and ends to celebrate him getting accepted into the Y. I am still so proud of him. He registered for classes yesterday and I can't wait for him to start! Congrats Spence!


Really not sure what this means? Oh....24!



Love these guys! Best friends ever. I'm so glad that Chelsea and I are still so close. I am so sad they are moving away again this summer. If only they could live in Utah forever!



The best present of the night. A LIME! Which Andrew entertained himself with for the rest of the evening.


Such a cute face! I can't believe he is already over one years old!


And as the guests left, of course, Chelsea and Jed were the last to leave. Too bad we couldn't make the night into a sleep over! 
This looks like a Brady Bunch picture. 


All in all I think Spencer's birthday was a hit! Thanks everyone for coming to the party and making the night that much more memorable. 

On Friday we continued the celebration by seeing "The Hunger Games" which we have been dying to go and see ever since we listened to the book on our way to California. It was a great movie! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! That cakes looks awesome! Good job Julie!

    ReplyDelete