So...when's that BABY DUE? Yep folks that's the question I have been answering for the past month or more. Before my due date I was happy to say "April 8th...Easter Sunday!" Now, I say it was yesterday, or two days ago, and now if someone asks me today I will say "5 days ago! " I was pretty sure the baby was going to come on Tuesday the 10th. Then that day passed. Now it's April 12th and I REALLY want this baby to come today...right now...ASAP. Last night I could not sleep because I was so anxious and upset that nothing had changed. I went to the doctors on Tuesday and they said I was 1cm dilated and 85-90% effaced. The baby has dropped really low and so it looks like I should be in labor any second. But no. Here I am again waiting! I know I am acting really selfish and impatient and that as soon as labor officially starts I will be fine, and when the baby comes I'll be even more fine, but until then I just need to vent and let out that I am uncomfortable, have swollen ankles, a sore back, and a huge belly! It will all be over soon...that is what my mom keeps telling me.
My mom has been here since Sunday and it has been really neat. She has done a lot of housework, cooking, and been a big support to me and Spencer. My brother Dustin and his wife Laura will be here on Sunday so we are all hoping for a baby by the weekend. I am so excited to see them and to share my beautiful daughter with them. I have also been feeling my dad's presence around me everyday. I know he is with me and rooting for me all of the way. Spencer has been so patient and I can tell he is really anxious for the baby to come too. The other day it said he had 10 missed calls from me, so he called me in a panic thinking I was trying to get a hold of him, but it was just from the night before when we couldn't find his phone and I kept calling it. Then today he called me at 10am wondering if everything was ok because he had 3 missed calls from the hospital. What? So weird. Anyway, we are just excited and anxiously awaiting!
Love you little girl. You are so precious and I can't wait to hold you and be your mommy!
Love, Julie
Just thinking about you today wondering if anything had happened yet...sorry chick. I really do know how you feel having gone eight days overdue with my first. So frustrating! I know she'll come soon. Good luck. XOXO
ReplyDeleteBAAABYYY! :D Girl, there are very few instances in which a person can say that they know exactly how you feel . . . and for me this is one of them. I do know exactly how you feel. My first actually came right on his due date - it might have something to do with that I pretty much knew exactly what day he was conceived (don't ask). ;) But my others have been late. Very. Love you, girl! I hope that baby girl makes her debut soon and that labor and delivery go super smooth. Thinking 'bout you.
ReplyDeleteWill the doctor induce you if you go to far after your due date? Or is the plan just to wait it out? I am so excited for you! I have been thinking about you a ton lately! Can I come and visit sometime after you have the baby and before we move in May?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures and hear about her name when she finally does come!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHave you had your membranes stripped? That worked for me for with my first and third. I didn't do it with my second and he was five days late. I was SO anxious to have my third out of my belly that once the midwife said it was okay (I was about 1 cm dilated but still six days from my due date) she stripped my membranes and I went into labor the next morning. It seems to me like you're ready to go and it doesn't work unless you're ready. And it's a MUCH safer method than being induced with pitocin.
ReplyDelete