Life has been so crazy the last 3 weeks! I have barely had enough time to do anything, let alone update the blog. I have been thinking each day that I need to make some journal entries about the arrival of our little angel but she has been taking up pretty much all of my time and I figured it was probably more important to tend to her needs then update the blog, right? But there has been SO MUCH that I have been wanting to write about. I feel like I am about to burst with so much information, feelings, stories, etc. I can not wait for all of the pictures and stories to finally be put down in words and be able to describe the incredible experience I have had so far being a mother. I love my baby so much.
Life the last few weeks has been crazy...yes I know I already said that, but it really has! With Autumn's labor and delivery lasting up to 44 hours, packing up and moving, unpacking and cleaning, learning how to deal with a newborn, being sleep deprived, and all the while being overwhelmed with love for my new baby I am so happy to finally be sitting down and writing about our life. She was just barely put down for a nap with daddy while I started writing this, and then 10 minutes later I hear her cry. So I got up and now she is sitting in my lap with her head bobbing while I am attempting to type! Oh how I miss the days of independence and a full nights rest, but then I look into her sweet gray eyes and think I am so blessed and privileged to be her mom that I would never trade it for anything in the world no matter how hard things can be sometimes. And yes, it has been hard! Harder than I ever thought it would be. But I am learning and growing and I am sure I will get the hang of this whole mom thing eventually!
So we are all settled in and most everything has been unpacked. We are living in Orem in a cute little condo owned by our close friends. We love it here! We went to our new ward on Sunday and everyone was really nice. I love the trees, the close mountains, the fresh air, and mostly the lovely Spring weather. I only wish I could get out more often and enjoy it. We have had some good outings together as a little family and I can't wait for more! I do miss American Fork and our friends there a lot. We had a really fun ward and we will miss working with the youth so much. I hope to visit them often!
Being out of work has been great! I don't miss it all that much, which is good. I went to a work baby shower a week after Autumn was born so I was able to see all my friends from work. It was definitely hard getting us up to SLC so soon after the birth but it felt really good to show off my little angel Autumn! Everyone thinks she is so cute and I just have to agree. She has been changing so much lately it is crazy. Everytime someone sees a new picture of her they say she has changed so much. Even today Spencer came home from work and said she was looking so much bigger. I just love my little newborn...I hate that she is growing so fast already but I am also anxious to see what she will look like.
Autumn Michelle Bagley is her name. She was born 8 pounds 9 ounces 19 inches long at 4:50am on April 17, 2012. She shares the same birthday as her cousin, Lainey who is 4 years older than her. So special! Michelle is Spencer's mom's name. I was uncertain about the name Autumn for a long time, but I have grown to love it more and more. When she was born she was just Autumn! I have always liked the name ever since I met a girl in 4th grade who I taught at Quail Run. She was the sweetest and nicest little girl and I fell in love with the name. Spencer too has always loved the name Autumn and he came up with the idea first.
We love our baby so much. She is so much fun to have around. She has the funniest facial expressions all the time and is always keeping us laughing and entertained. She makes the cutest noises when she sleeps. Sometimes it sounds like a bark! She kicks her little feet and arms all the time and hates being wrapped up too tightly in a blanket. We are still working on setting up a good sleeping routine for her. Some nights she sleeps for 5-6 hours straight, other nights she keeps us awake the whole time. It has definitely been such an adventure. We are loving every minute being with her. I feel so lucky and blessed to be her mom. Here is a picture I took with her tonight right before she went to bed. I will be blogging more later on her birth story and friends and family who have come to visit her very soon so stay tuned until then!

hahaha You're so cute - of course it's more important to tend to your newborn, but I'm super glad you got around to it. I'd be interested in hearing your labor story, too. 44 hours - wow! I also had to chuckle because of your comment about it being harder than you thought it would be. I know, right? Serious learning curve, but you WILL get the hang of it. Maybe not as fast as you think you should, but don't judge yourself. And honestly, I think adjusting to the first one is the hardest and the longest. So don't be discouraged. It does get easier in ways . . . and harder in others. :) Love you, cute new mom! I bet you're doing fabulously and I hope you're recovering well.
ReplyDeleteSo cute ba! Miss that monkey. Read every word of it! Write down labor details, even in list form, and autumn details.. Just scratched on paper to write more later if you dont have time. The little things fade and you might forget! Especially L & D. Ps, I want to cut my hair! Huh? Talk to me 'bout it.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much you've done in the few weeks since she was born! You are super woman! Don't forget to take it easy, though. I usually become a hermit for a week or two after having a baby, at least, but then again, I can understand people getting cabin fever. Especially with the first one. You've probably gotten more advice than you could ever ask for (not that you DID ask) but I'd say let the sleep routine be what it's going to be for first few months. My kids all learned to be great sleepers but I didn't start sleep training until at least three months. I know people do it differently, but that's what I found works the best. I lived by the advice in the book Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and I've always had babies who sleep well. Up until three months, I just let them sleep in bed with me and nurse whenever they want all night long while I sleep. Good luck!
ReplyDelete