Pages

Saturday, August 7

Luv Those Lakes!

Sometimes, and yes, most of the time, I take too many pictures. I don't really know when to stop, so I always have too much and it's difficult to choose how many pictures to post on the blog! Like in my last post I probably put too many pics of the waterfall. Let's see how many pics I put on THIS post. But to me, pictures tell a story. I love capturing the details--especially of people and scenery. I secretly want to be a professional photographer someday. I just wish I had a better camera but I still like the one we have a lot. A couple weeks ago we went camping with Christian and Stephanie Bennion up at Payson Lakes. I had never been there before and I was, again, amazed at the beauty Utah has to offer!

Our hot chicken, bacon, carrott, and potatoe dutch oven dinner.




Well, one of the benefits of having married an eagle scout is his ability to tie really crazy knots and lash together poles to put up our tent! We had the wrong poles for our tent...but my amazingly talented husband made it work! And thanks Christain for your help. To hold the tent up they tied the rope to a hanging branch. It was a small tent, but it kept the rain out at night. Whew!


The following morning

Steph and Chra made our trip so much fun. Thanks for a great breakfast...even though it took forever to cook haha. And I'm so excited Stephanie will be having a baby in January! So excited for her...


After we cleaned up camp we went to one of the Payson Lakes. The water was pretty chili but that didn't stop us. I was the first to get in and Spencer the last...but he did and we were all so proud.




You can tell the sun came out!


After we walked around the lake and explored a couple more (that weren't that cool), we went to the Grotto. And it's pronounced gr-ah-to...not gro-to like on Lord of the Rings. Froto lives in the Groto..hehe. There is a cool little waterfall at the end of the 1/4 mile hike.





Well I hope that wasn't too many pictures for you. If it was, then you shouldn't be reading my blog because pictures are what makes my blog SO AMAZING!:) ;) 
Up next, the Bagley's summer adventures at the homestead cabin at Monte Cristo!

No comments:

Post a Comment