Who loves going to the zoo? I know I do. I particularly enjoy the bird show, the monkeys, and the larger animals like the cheetah and the elephant. It is so amazing how many animals they have at the zoo. It was a very hot day while we were there. Oh yeah! The we I am referring to is my students from summer school. On the last day of school we all headed up to Salt Lake for a VERY HOT fun last day of school at the Hogle Zoo! And also my last day teaching at Timpanogos Elementary. SAD!
The kids in my group were the same ones I taught in the ballroom dance/team building class. I will miss them a lot next year. I'm getting excited for my new job but it will be so hard to not see these kids anymore :)
Here are some of the students getting ready for the bird show. This is a MUST SEE SHOW if you haven't been to it yet! After the bird show we headed over to the train ride. Fun, but lasts only a few minutes.
Fun group shot right before we got back onto the hot, crowded bus. Luckily I drove with some leaders in a nice air conditioned car. Hehe.
Just call him Wally. The bird show host asked this kid what his name was. His name is really Colley, but he misheard and called him Wally the whole time! All the students were laughing. Haha.
Next time I go to the zoo I want to take my nieces and nephew...but alas, they live in California. It was a great summer teaching and I have learned so much more than I thought possible. Thanks kids for such a wonderful time! I will miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment