We had a lot of fun celebrating this year. For Mother's Day we headed up to West Jordan (surprise surprise) and went to church there to hear Spencer's dad give a talk. He is always so sweet and includes his family members in his talk, including me. I sure love that man! After church we enjoyed a wonderful dinner of planked salmon (my favorite!) and all the fixings to go with it. We enjoyed dinner outside on the lawn in the backyard, and played a yard game called KUB. Pronounced "kewb". It was a wonderful day! I loved spending time with family and enjoyed getting served on hand and foot. Spencer did a great job getting all the food ready, along with his daddy. Michelle and I exchanged gifts. Christie was in Idaho. I made sure to call my momma and wish her a happy mother's day as well! And Kris too, my step mom. I sure love them and miss them!
Here are some cute pictures of my baby girl on my 2nd Mother's Day!
I love the lilacs behind us!
What a little doll!
My wonderful mother, Connie Watson. This is a picture of she and I from my 8th birthday party almost 20 years ago! Cute right?
3.5 years ago. Mother of the bride.
And some less flattering pictures, but these are some of us in the morning snuggling right after we woke up. Autumn enjoys an nice cold one in the mornings ;)
Sure do love being a mother to this beautiful girl. I can't believe she is mine, that I actually have a baby girl. This is something I have dreamed of having my entire life and she has finally come. I thank Heavenly Father each and every day for my gift. I don't really remember my life having this much purpose before she came!
Father's Day was also a blast! Spencer's dad was coming home from an Alaskan cruise that evening so we surprised him with a brisket dinner. Spencer was so excited to cook this. Anytime there is a grill and meat involved he starts salivating and dreaming about it. It's pretty funny to watch. He loves it. And I love eating it! We had to stay the night in West Jordan (again) because we needed the meat to cook for a long time to make sure it was nice and tender. Funny thing is, Spencer had to go back to Orem to teach his lesson to his young man (yep there is just ONE in our ward). So he was doing cooking, lesson planning, driving, teaching, more driving, more cooking, and finally relaxing and eating. I wouldn't say he had a restful father's day, but honestly he wouldn't have it any other way. We all pitched in and made rolls, salad, mashed potatoes, and dessert. It was a fabulous feast!
Christie was there this time, so Autumn had a friend to play with. Hayden and Autumn loved playing in the water. They were so cute together and so funny to watch! Autumn would splash in the water and Hayden would spray her with the hose. They kept taking the lid on and off and dumping the water out. It was so great!
Spencer was the fun uncle and dad. Wheelbarrow ride anyone?
A picture I took on Mother's Day, but I just love this one of them. He is the BEST DAD! I love how much he cares for Autumn. I know they are going to have the best relationship as she grows up. He is so good with her, always making her laugh and playing with her. He takes amazing care of her and is always helping me out when I'm not up for it. I just love him!
See? Pure love! Now I know what my parents were talking about all those years.
P.S. I did not forget my dad on Father's Day. He is constantly in my thoughts and memories. I loved celebrating with him even though he was not there in person. He truly has a tight hold on my heart as I feel him all around me constantly. Sometimes I worry I'm going to see his spirit, like I'll be freaked out or something. I know he is watching, listening, laughing, and enjoying watching us grow up from above. It wasn't too hard of a Father's Day for me. I really didn't think about the pain at all. Those days come and go, but Father's Day is more of a celebration and not a day for tears. I do love you daddy!
This is a photo from my old house in Modesto, California with my whole family before we were moved and split up. I treasure this time. See, I was a daddy's girl!
The rest of the day was spent eating ice cream and turtle pie and mostly just relaxing on the hammock. I love these summer nights! I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration of mother and fatherhood. It truly is the most important calling we have as humans. Thank you to all who make life worth living!


















Nice pics and great memories. Miss you guys. -Dust
ReplyDeleteI read your Blog Mom(Connie)
ReplyDeletePerfect way to celebrate such special people! Glad you are doing so well. Loved the pictures in front of those lilacs too..really cute!
ReplyDeletePS Guarantee Trevor will be taking Spenc up on a wheelbarrow ride next time we see you!
ReplyDeleteKatelyn that would be the funniest!!
ReplyDelete