After months and months of seeking for a teaching job, I finally succeeded! OK, so I did get three offers (2 in AZ and 1 in Duschesne), but I didn't really want to move--for a few different reasons. However, today I interviewed at Timpanogos Elementary School in Provo, Utah and I felt like it went pretty well, but uncertain still. I received a call a few hours later and they offered me the position! I said I would gladly accept. It's only about 14 hours a week (M-Th) but I might also have the opportunity to teach some 5th-6th grade choir classes if they let me. I am the physical education specialist for grades k-4. How fun! Now I just need to remember what I learned during my elementary unit of my major. I remember it being a lot of fun and there are so many different ways to teach physical activity to kids that age. I'm so excited!
It is just the perfect job for me.I can still work at Applebee's at night and on the weekends, plus earn some money during the day! I knew the Lord was looking out for me. Thank you! Here is the website if you want to take a look at the school. http://www.timpanogos.provo.edu/my-home/home.htm
Yeah! Congratulations Jules.
ReplyDeleteYay! That's awesome!!! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING--I didn't realize how much we were lacking in our Elementary PE education until I needed it! I have tons of lesson plans for K-6 and tons of ideas, etc. If you need advice, I would love to chat! Love you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Job hunting is so hard and I am glad it is over for you.
ReplyDeleteBah that's very exciting!! That means you'll be moving to Provo? Or are you staying in Murray? I'm super happy for you that you found a job that you might really enjoy. 14 hours could be ok, just to get your foot in the door you know? I loved your last two entries and get so excited when I see a new post once every few months. ;) What else is new? When is the next Brown wedding again? And when should we talk or somethin'?
ReplyDeleteHooray!! Congrats on the job! That sounds like so much fun. I know what you mean about remembering stuff from school...it's kind of sad how little I remember from my classes :(
ReplyDelete