Notes from my journal during her 8th month.
Today was a HUGE day for Autumn! She is getting so big and
increasingly curious each day. She is such a sweet and loving baby. Her
demeanor is that to be envied. I can not express the love and sweetness I feel
for my little angel girl. It is beyond words, beyond explanation. I can simply
say my heart is in love…forever. My heart melts every time she smiles, each
time she laughs, each time she looks at me and gives me wet kisses. She is
absolutely a delight to be around…not only for me but for everyone around her!
She is really funny too! She is very good at being social for people and is
definitely not shy. She is very playful and so curious! Everytime I put her on
the ground she is looking for something to touch or feel or put in her mouth.
She loves to crawl around and will stand up on anything she can reach for.
Autumn has a very unique crawl. Some people call her “Mogley” and others
“Spiderman”. I like to think of it as a bear crawl. She does not crawl on her
knees, only her hands and her feet! And
she is VERY fast too. Today she saw a light socket and she knew I was going to
get her if she made it to it. She darted for it SO FAST I could barely make it
to her in time! It was very cute.
Today she started to clap! It was amazing. Daddy has her
clapping with her two hands and then when he let go she did it a couple of
times herself! She loves to grab people’s faces and pull on hair, and she is
still giving wet kisses all over my face. She is eating a ton more solids and
has been getting a lot of bad diaper rashes that put her in a LOT of pain! She is eating a variety of
foods now. Ham and ham gravy, pasta primavera, spaghetti and meat sauce, apples
and cherries, peaches, rice cereal, etc. She pretty much likes everything. She
really likes to eat our food we give her. I try to let her try different things
and once in a while I will give her a little suck of a cookie or something
sweet. When she is in her high chair she gets very excited to eat! If you play
with her like make funny noises with your mouth then she will smile and play
back with you. It is adorable! She can feed herself mashed up bananas, mashed
potatoes, and even a cracker if I let her (I am very afraid of her choking!) so
I am cautious of the foods I give her. She can pick up the puff stars on her
own now. She is mostly still breast fed. Once in a while at night I will give
her 2 ounces of formula to help her get to sleep. She is pretty fussy at night
and doesn’t go to bed until pretty late some nights because she does not like
to be left alone.
She has a difficult time sleeping at the Bagley house. I
think a lot of it has to deal with the fact that we are in the same room as
her. It is frustrating for me because I really need my sleep! Autumn usually
takes 2-3 naps during the day. She sleeps really well in her car seat and it is
nice because we can just put the cover over her and it is dark and warm so she
can sleep in it for up to 3 hours! It is pretty amazing. Today I woke her up a
little early because I just missed her J
I sure love my little lady! She loves her grandpa. Everytime grandpa goes to
give her a kiss she puts her head down so he can kiss her on the forehead! She
also really loves grandma. She will go to her unhesitantly, even if I am right
next to her! She gets a huge smile on her face when she is with her it is
incredible. It is a good thing I named her after her! We finally babyproofed
the house. I have been crazy worried that she would fall through the railings.
They put up a polyfiber glass plastic thing that protects it and also put up
the gate by the stairs! Yay! Now I am only worried about her putting things in
her mouth that aren’t supposed to be there. Autumn is not teething yet. (I
don’t think). William already has 4 teeth! Pretty crazy. Can’t wait for that!
Her exzema is not getting much better. She is such a sweet lady I just love to snuggle her at
night. I truly do love her. Daddy loves her too so much. He calls her a rat
when she misbehaves and loves to laugh at her when she does funny things. He is
really good at calming her down when she is fussy and loves to be rocked by
her. Autumn is going to see all of her cousins again tomorrow! We
are driving to Portland, Oregon for Christmas. I hope the weather is ok. I
don’t trust our car very well. I am sure we’ll be fine.
Autumn got her first tooth today! It is 12.22.12. I was
feeding her some pieces of grapes and I felt something sharp on my finger. Sure
enough, Spencer checked her when we stopped to go to the bathroom and change
her on our way to Oregon and there was a little tooth! It must have broken
through last night and this morning. It is the most adorable little tooth I
have ever seen! I have never been so excited about a tooth! Autumn has been
AMAZING on our drive! She has not been fussy at all unless she was hungry. Even
then, still just happy as can be! She is super smiley and happy it is pretty
amazing! I sure love my little girl.
She LOVES putting balls in her mouth.
With her dad at Trafalga
She likes to play games with her uncles
2nd time meeting her new cousin, Hope. She was very soft with her!
Discovering herelf in the mirror once again!
Playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house with her cousin Hayden. They will be in the same grade at school. So cool!
After church photo. Gotta get as many pictures in her XMAS dress as I can before she grows out of it!
Not sure where we were going, but she sure looked beautiful!
I love this face! She is always trying to grab things off of our dresser
When Uncle Dustin comes to town he lets us swim at his hotel. Autumn loves the water! She likes to splash and she doesn't really mind the pool water.
Almost getting too big for her American Flag swimsuit. I bought this for her when she was still in my tummy! So fun to see her wear it.
Melts my heart! Every time I see them snuggling together I think it is just the cutest thing in the whole world. Autumn reminds me a lot of her dad.
BYU Basketball game with Chelsea and Jed. Don't you just love her little dress?
She is waving hi!
I love you little bubs!



This was fun to read and see pics of all the stuff you do when you aren't at work! She's a special little girl!
ReplyDelete