Eating
Autumn still took a bottle like a champ! She ate formula and
breast milk so easily and interchangeably. She loves her bottle and still calls
it “baba.” Everytime I get one ready she starts making heavy breathing noises
and gets pretty excited! Unless of course she is starving, then she will cry since
she wants it NOW!
Sleeping
Still taking great naps (2 per day) and sleeping through the
night every night. Her naps last from 1-3 hours and she sleeps from about
8:30pm-7:30am. She likes to fall asleep knowing she is safe, so I usually have
to come snuggle her for a little bit before she falls asleep. She goes down really well and enjoys a small
bottle before bed time.
Playing
Autumn loves to play with new toys! She started a new day
care this past month and as soon as I dropped her off she was playing with
everything and anything. She loves her ball of course! She knows what it is and
points to it and says “ba.”
Expressions
Big smiles and starting to laugh more! She claps her hands a
lot more and is starting to mimic what I do. Like when I change her diaper I
make a “pew pew pew” noise and wave my hand by my nose. She also tries to do
this and it’s so cute! She still sticks out her tongue, and recently she
started sticking it out to the side. So funny to watch her try new things with
her body. She also does not say hi or by, but is starting to now.
Clothes
She wears size 12-18 months but some clothes fit her
differently depending on the brand. We have had to buy her new clothes since
her baby shower clothes were thinning out. She got to wear her easter dress
this month and she looked so cute! She has the cutest little body ever.
Personality
Autumn is such an easy tempered person. She is so easy to
get along with, so easy to love. She gives HUGS all the time and is so snuggly!
Especially when she wakes up in the morning. I can’t believe how lucky I am to
be her mother! I just feel like she is very smart and does not miss a thing. I
feel like she understands things like how to read other people’s expressions and
understands how to express herself when she needs something. She is usually a
very happy person, unless she has a diaper rash. That is no fun for bubs! She
is always smiling, giving hugs, playing games with me, and she loves to play
peek a boo!
Communication
Autumn really likes books and flipping through the pages. I
try and read with her every night and I try and teach her sign language. We are
still working on it but I think eventually she will get it. I am pretty good at
reading her moods and anticipating her needs, but it would be nice to have a
little more help with signing. Autumn likes to make loud noises at church! And she knows she has a voice. She loves to use it. When she is in her crib, walking around the house, playing with us on the bed, wherever she is she talks. She makes cute noises like “woah woah woah” and “mama” or “dada.” She also says ball.
Likes
She likes baths, especially splashing around in the tub! She
likes her bear and her ducky, and she really likes playing with her blocks and
toys. She likes going to her babysitters house. She loves to eat crackers,
anything we are eating, and water from a straw or a water bottle. She likes to
walk around everywhere! She likes taking her socks off of her feet and trying
other people’s shoes on. She likes to make noises with things and carry things
around the house. She likes to touch our faces and give hugs. She likes to
drink her bottle and she loves to nurse in the mornings!
Dislikes
Diaper rashes, me leaving her in the mornings, getting in
the car seat, applesauce, going to bed without a snuggle, hitting herself on
cupboards, etc.
Favorite Part
I love it when I get to spend all day with her. I love
chasing her around the house and playing funny games with her. I love it when
she laughs at me when I am being silly. Spencer loves it when she gives her
hugs and when he can make her laugh by tickling her or throwing her in the air.
I love it when she runs at me with a big smile and gives me a hug. How lucky am
I ?
Hardest Part
When she is cranky from being tired, or nothing will make
her happy. When she has a bad diaper rash and she is in pain! Not too much is
hard with Autumn. Oh, probably the expenses with diapers, wipes, clothes, and
baby food. That is not fun!
Motor Skills
She is great at picking anything up, she can hold balls, and
any size of food she is able to pick up and put in her mouth. She is walking
like a champ and is getting better at not falling over. She is learning how to
bounce the ball, roll it, and she even likes to play with the sand pail and
shovel outside at the playground. She likes to swing! She can clap her hands
and give high fives. She knows how to put socks on (well at least tries) and
she also tries to put shoes on her feet. At times she will bear crawl but only
for a few seconds. So cute!
Most memorable
moments
When I wake up and she is just so happy and waiting for me
to pick her up! Every time I pick her up from day care she gets a huge smile on
her face and is so excited to come home. She just makes me want to be a happier
person. And I am because of her. Those
moments where she does something really cute and Spencer and I both see it at
the same time and smile at one another. Being able to nurse her and feel that
bond. I am weaning her off now and although I am grateful to be done, I will also
definitely miss that! Taking her on walks around the neighborhood and watching
her explore new things for the first time. I am excited for the summer where we
will get to be outside more and spend more time with daddy. Plannng her 1st
birthday!
Love these pictures!
Autumn and her cousin Hope Maxfield. Born in December. They are only 8 months apart!
Love these pictures!
Autumn and her cousin Hope Maxfield. Born in December. They are only 8 months apart!
Autumn and her grandmother, plus her cousin Hayden. They are only 5.5 months apart and will be in the same grade!
For conference weekend, we had a party at the Bagleys and Spencer had some fun blowing bubbles at Autumn.
Autumn loves to play outside at the park and she has started getting to know the other little kids around here.
These next pictures are from Easter weekend in California! Autumn was supposed to be born on April 8th last year (Easter) so it was so much fun getting her dressed up in her beautiful Easter dress and parading her around my family.
We also celebrated her 1st birthday!
My little athlete in the making!
I LOVE THIS FACE!!
She is obsessed with Easter eggs.
I cherish these next photos. We were in the backseat, getting changed, nursing, and then headed into go shopping. I just love these moments when it's the two of us.
So much shopping! She was such a good sport as I was trying on all my new clothes.
Just hanging out around the house
Spencer's Birthday
Dinner with Dustin and my in-laws. They are so awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment