I was so ecstatic when I found out I had the entire week off of work during Easter break. I haven't been home for Easter since before college so this was a real treat! Especially for Autumn's 1st Easter! The only drawback is Spencer had school and work and could not get away. Major bummer! We missed him so much. He spent some good time with his family and grandparents that recently returned from their mission, so it was all ok.
The plane ride there was very hard. Dustin flew out with me because he was going home from his Utah work trip. It was so helpful to have him help me carry luggage and manage Autumn on the plane. Our flight left at 10:20pm so Autumn was extremely tired. She did not sleep on the plane--too wired and overstimulated. When we arrived my grandpa Ed and his fiance Jacquie picked us up from the airport and dropped me off at my aunt Sandy's house in Fremont. The next morning was Saturday which is the day we celebrated Easter. My whole family was there, including Travis, Katie, and William, all my aunts and cousins, and Sherry and her three boys. My mom and Smokey did not make it down but we saw them the next day.
I curled my hair, put on my new skinny jeans, and had a great time at the party! Autumn looked adorable in her cute Easter dress that Grandma Michelle bought for her. I was so excited to put her in it! We decorated and set up for the party and soon everyone arrived. Growing up, Easter was always celebrated at my aunt Sandy's house. It was a big tradition for everyone. Big bunny cakes, Easter egg hunts, celebrating Jenny's birthday, and lots of food and family fun! I am so glad Autumn was able to be there for her very first Easter.
Jenny loved holding Autumn. Autumn loved holding the Easter eggs and apparently liked to eat them too!
My aunt is a wonderful decorator and cake baker!
Part of the gang watching the little ones participate in the Easter egg hunt! Aunt Sandy always has the camcorder. It's William! Love that little guy!!
Little Oliver and beautiful Lainey. Such a great family!
Autumn loves to play with balls. Like mother like daughter! Her first word was ball...hehe.
Danny loved showing Autumn how to open the Easter eggs.
All the kiddos opening their eggs to find candy and money!
That night we drove up to Sonora and spent the night at Dustin and Laura's house. The next day was church and a combined birthday party for Autumn, Lainey, Dustin, Travis, and Kate. Here is an attempt at a picture of all the cousins.
As you can see, I'm terribly in love with my little daughter. I love the picture of her on the bottom right. It looks like she just made a basket!
My grandpa got to meet Autumn for the very first time! It was so special. Being around my grandpa reminds me so much of my dad. I told him this recently and let him know how much he means to me. I just love him so much and hold him so dear to my heart.
Laura was so awesome and made special cupcakes for Autumn to eat! This was her first celebration of her birthday before her actual birthday. Laura is a master baker! The girls also blew out their candles and helped Autumn too. They were so good with Autumn! It was nice to have so many babysitters.
The most special part about my trip was to have my mom and Smokey be with Autumn and spend some good time with her. She loves her so much! Smokey has had some really intense medical problems lately with his diabetes. He just lost part of his leg and his foot and is still recovering. I am glad they were able to spend the day with us. Uncle Travis is so cute with Autumn!
A picture of everyone who came. Minus Sherry and her three boys. They were taking the picture! It was such a special weekend for us! I have more stories and pictures to share later about other things we did while in California, but for now, I will close. Thanks to everyone who helped make the trip amazing! We missed you Spencer.














SO fun for you guys to be with family on Easter! I'm sure your family LOVED having you... bummer Spencer couldn't come with you. Autumn is cute as ever in her Easter dress! And, you look awesome Julie!
ReplyDelete