Pages

Sunday, December 15

18 Months and October Festivities!

During the middle of October, on a Saturday, we headed to Thanksgiving Point for the Barnyard Boo activities. Spencer had a free pass through work! We had a lot of fun watching Autumn see so many new animals for the first time. She had a good time. Not overly excited, but not afraid...somewhere in the middle. When she sees something new for the first time, or even a new person, she does this stare...like she is trying to figure out how she feels about it. It doesn't take her very long to warm up to someone though! Within about 15 minutes she is playful and happy as ever.


Petting a cow



So cute and tiny!


I love her precious cheeks! And her hair is getting so long.


She LOVED the jail! Couldn't be happier playing behind the bars.




She kept giggling and laughing, having the best time!


Horsie! She loves horses. Whenever she sees a picture she gets really excited.



We took her on her very first pony ride! It was so cute! She had a lot of fun. I did too, apparently!



Fun little obstacle course they had for kids. 

'

She was pretty tired towards the end, so we took off. She saw turkeys, sheep, horses, cows, llamas, and several other animals!

Later that night we went up to West Jordan where Hayden and Hope were! Autumn and Hayden were playing on the stairs together and laughing at the silliest things. They are so cute to see together! Autumn sitting in her chair in our room. She loves it. 


On a different day we went to a park in Provo. Nielson's Grove Park is huge! My friend Colleen told me about it. It is so beautiful with a lot of things to do. There is a giant swing Autumn went on. I should have gotten a better picture of the entire swing, but here she is in a couple different poses.

Saying she's all done


Not quite I guess! Look at those teef!


We fed some ducks and I got some duck poop on my pants. Lucky me!


We had so much fun that I had Spencer come with us the next Saturday! Nice posing Autumn!



Here are some cute pictures of bubs playing in the backyard of the Bagleys casa. We went up there to fix our car and then see a movie (The Hunger Games!). Loved it by the way! 

She is a true girl of mine because she LOVES playing outside! She loves to explore, play in nature, look at new things, and run around. It is so wonderful to watch her. 

Those Big Brown Eyes!


From my vantage point, looking down. Cute little baby of mine :)


Playing with her squeaky shoes :)


Action shot!


We like to play in the hammock together



Getting ready to watch a movie that night!


Sometimes I get so bored when Spencer is at work. I try to figure out what fun things I can do with Autumn instead of stay home and watch t.v. One night we went to the Provo Town Center Mall because I knew they had a giant pumpkin on display. We found some other really fun, simple, and cheap things to do that night. 




Carousel ride for $1.00


Motor bike ride for $.50


Here are some pics from the Ward Halloween Party. It was pretty cute watching her run around the church. She did not want to be inside the gym. Instead, every chance she could, she was running outside in the hallways. Very hard to keep track when most of the doors to the gym were open! We had a chili cook off and then had a trunk or treat. 

Some people thought she was a watermelon. I think the hat part gives it away.


I dressed up as an Asian princess. Got some good use out of my wedding jewelry! Look at that cute strawberry!


On actual Halloween night I took my little daughter to the mall for some trick or treating. Little did I know they give out the tiniest pieces of candy! It was still fun seeing everyone in their costumes. I was pretty tired at the end, but I did not give up on better candy. 



Autumn was happy eating her twizzlers! She loved grabbing the candy from the store vendors. She got really excited every time she put the candy in her bag. She made sure she was the one holding the bag, not me. 






Like I said, I did not give up! We headed to the big houses by our neighborhood and they gave us at least the fun size candies!


I got so tired carrying her around! I was pretty determined! We had a fun Halloween together! Too bad dad had to work :( We missed him (esp. me with the carrying of the baby around!)


This is Scera Park right here in Orem. I love how many parks are close by. It is such a bummer to not be able to play at the park because of the weather. These kids need to get out and move, not to mention get some sun!


She is so brave. No fear!


On one of the first really snowy days of the year my friend Kendra and I met up at Carl's Jr. and played/ate in their play area. She used to watch Autumn until she was almost a year old, and we were roommates in college. She moved up to Bountiful so I was so glad we were able to meet up!


Autumn is getting a little more coordinated now with the pudding (not here, obviously) hehe. 


Uncle Dustin comes to town!


This face....such love and joy. So innocent and happy! I'm so thankful for you Autumn!



Swimming! She still loves the water. I am excited to put her in swimming lessons in the summer again. It will be fun to see the difference a year makes. 


Helping mom pass out flyers for night relief society.


This is the first time she walked all the way up the slide by herself! She was very proud and kept trying over and over again. So cute!


Such a girl. She loves to play with jewelry and anything girlie.


First haircut! By Jackie Gerber. She was so quiet and solemn. She was ready for her nap, and it literally looked like she was going to fall asleep!






Words: All done, apple, bye bye, night night, blue, strawberry, bless you, thank you, water, milk, poo poo, socks, shoes, tree, show, nose, ear, eye, heart, ball, hungry, hand, airplane, toys, book, eat, red, hi, what is this, this, don't, no, mine, happy, hugs, kisses, cheeks, hair. She is starting to count. When I go up any stairs I always count them and she counts along with me. She also recognizes the alphabet when she is sees letters she says "eeeeiiiiiuuuu" so cute!

Food: Apples, bananas, green beans, olives, strawberries, spaghetti, waffles, cereal, fruit snacks, pudding, yogurt, turkey, pb&j, chocolate, goldfish, grapes

Teeth:
4 on top
5 on bottom.
2 molars! They came in December. So I guess technically she got them during 19 months. They are so cute! And I'm so excited she can start really chewing on things now. Brushing her teeth is getting easier. She is starting to open her mouth more and does this really cute spit thing after and pretends to spit into the sink. Hehe! 

Technology: Autumn has been really figuring out my phone and how to play games. It's amazing how quickly she has learned how to swipe and get in and out of things. She can even turn up and down the volume. I have to keep her off of it otherwise she'll be on it several times during the day! It is nice for car rides or church when she needs something to do, plus the games she plays are educational and teach her letters and numbers and shapes and colors!

Potty Training: Haven't started yet, but I'm thinking about it soon. I pretty much know when she is going and she tells me when she needs to be changed. I think she'll be ready right around 2 years old. Yay! 

Sleeping: This girl sleeps like it's a 12 hour job! She can go to bed instantly and then can sleep in all morning if I let her. It's incredible. It is nice for me when I need to catch up on rest, too. I try to put her down at 7:45-8:00pm during the week, and on the weekends it's more around 9. She will wake up around 7:00 during the week and more like 9 or 10 on the weekends. So great! She is still taking 2 hour naps, sometimes more or less depending on the day.

Motor Skills: Autumn can jump! It's so fun to watch her use both feet and jump into the air. She still likes to dance and listen to music. Whenever she hears me sing she is more alert and loves to hear songs with actions like popcorn popping and Once there was a Snowman. She is getting better at climbing stairs and going down stairs. She likes to jump off of things and jump onto bean bags. She can climb off our bed all by herself now! She is learning how to throw and catch, but we still need some practice. 

Pretend Play: Autumn is amazing at pretend playing. Some activities she likes to do are sweeping, wiping down counters, cooking, writing, drawing, playing mommy to her baby, eating, getting ready (putting on makeup), etc. She put her very first pair of clothes on the other day! It was so cute. Her skirt was hanging off her butt, but she put it there! 

Signs of affection: Autumn is THE sweetest child I have ever met. She is literally the kindest and sweetest person I know. She gives hugs and kisses randomly throughout the day. She just loves me and I can tell by the way she smiles at me. I'm so grateful! If I put her in time out she comes out and says "sawwy" and gives me a hug. I rarely have to ask her to do things more than twice before she does them. Once in a while when I pick her up from day care or when she really is tired or hungry she will flat out say "no" and not do it. But for the most part she is so sweet and kind. I can't believe how lucky I am! 

Communication: Autumn is very smart and can understand most of what we say to her. She listens very well and really tries to follow through on what we ask. Daddy is great at asking her to do things and communicating things to her in a way she understands. She is very playful and tries to play with us. We are always making up games to play with her "go get mommies piggies" "where's mama?" "go get daddies nose." Things like that. She is also orderly in the things she does. She takes her times and organizes the things in her hands. If she wants to pick something up she will hand me the other thing she has in her hand first and then pick it up. Makes sense but I could see how some kids would just get frustrated. She understands how simple things works, which is really nice! 

Clothes: 2T and some 18 months. No doctor visit this month. Her insurance ran out but it just started up again, so we did get her flu shot but no weight/height percentiles because I didn't want to pay the doctor visit fee without insurance! So grateful we have it again!

Hardest Part: Entertaining her after work by myself while daddy is at work, especially in this cold weather. I would love to go outside but it's just so cold. Dropping her off at daycare and being away from her during the week. Seriously that is so hard!

Greatest Part: My weekends with her! Going shopping together. Picking out Christmas gifts for her! Tucking her in at night, reading to her, feeding her new foods, communicating daily tasks, doing her hair, watching her body grow and develop, seeing her learn new things every day. Seeing her smile and giggle!

Selfies! Love you cute Autumn! Happy 18 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment