After 6 long months of not being able to see my family, I was able to go for a visit to California to see my family and some close friends get hitched. I was FINALLY caught up on my finances so I could purchase a plane ticket. Hurray! I had a WONDERFUL time--one of the best trips home that I've had in a really long time. Here is an excerpt from my journal about the trip home:So I just had the BEST time while I was in SONORA! I was so blessed to be with my family for so long. I was able to spend some quality time with my nieces and nephew and pretty much everyone I care about the most! I was able to see/visit the following individuals: my mom, smokey, dustin, laura, the kids, nat, jamie, grandma and grandpa, dad, danny, floyd, ali price, all the people from church, judy, eric, and grandma kimball. I played and laughed and loved every minute I was with Kate and Lily. Bryan and I even had so much fun talking at night, playing chess, and just hanging out and watching movies during the day. He is such a neat little guy. Katsie is just adorable and so much fun to talk to. Lily is like my best friend and pretty much the sweetest girl ever. I crashed a date and went to the movies and saw Star Trek with Dustin and Laura, as well as going to dinner with my dad at Applebee's. Oh! And guess what? Travis and Katie are getting marrried! They are getting married September 19th in the Portland Temple :) The ring is just beautiful!

My mom and I had a special day together. We drove up to Strawberry where we ordered some sandwiches and walked down to a beautiful river. We ate lunch, talked, laughed, played pool, and took some cool pictures. I went to Pinecrest with Laura and the kids. That lake is just beautiful. On Friday I had the opportunity to see Trevor and Katelyn get married :)
They looked so great together! I was able to see Chelsea, Jed, Ashley, and Jes. I went to the luncheon as well and then I stayed the night at Danny (my cousin's) house. He is so grown up now! I'm amazed at how focused he is with school and work and everything else. I spent a couple hours with my grandparents and that was REALLY fun. I just love them. We talked, watched the horse races on tv, ate quiznos, and then I was on my merry way. My dad and I had a good time together. We listened to some SWEET music. He let me borrow his car to drive to Oakland. I had to spend so much money in order to use the blue tooth freakin' head set.
Jamie Relei and I got together and went shopping at ROSS. She's living in San Diego now and is going to start a new life :) We had fun girl time and I was able to visit with her and her family for a few hours.I was able to spend some great quality time visiting my grandmother Kimball at the nursing facility she is staying at now. I went and bought her a pink rose, a plant, and some yummy ice cream while we laughed and talked, and just had so much fun being together (perhaphs for the last time). I asked her what her greatest accomplishment in her life was-aside from having 5 girls-she said "getting her master's degree." I hope to accomplish that same goal and be like my grandma. I just held her hand, laughed and talked. I told her how much I loved her and gave her my bracelet. When I left she said "I love you very, very much."

I was able to visit with Aunt Nat at the Diamonback grill. We ate SO MUCH FOOD and felt sick afterward but I had a lot of fun :) I just love her. She's so amazing and wonderful to be with. She has such a neat life and a strong testimony of GOD. I wish I could be more like Aunt Nat. I also saw my Aunt Sandy for a little while at Avalon with grandma. I was able to see Ali LaVanway and visit with her two kids and Ayon, her husband. You should ask me about the crazy neighbor next door. Good times.
So that pretty much sums up my trip. It was a great time and I LOVE LOVE LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!



Yay!! Glad you had so much fun on your trip! And I love the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finally making it home! Looks like you had a super-swell time :)
ReplyDeleteWow you really did a ton on your trip home! It looks like you had a lot of fun. :)
ReplyDelete