
It was such a wonderful day. All I remember are great memories of the perfect day. Others said it was SO cold, but I hardly noticed due to all of the excitement. Spencer and I were so excited to finally be together. I remember when I got to the temple and I was waiting in the celestial room just how calm and peaceful I felt. I knew we were making such a good decision and with the Lord's help we had made it to the temple. My maid of honor was Chelsea Sybrowsky and my bridesmaids were Jamie Relei, Katie Brown, Laura Brown, and Christie Bagley Maxfield. My two best friends and three sisters :) Spencer had two best men David Chandler and Michael Gerber. My brothers and his brothers were also groomsmen. My mom, dad, two brothers and their wives, and my aunt Natalie were the ones who were able to travel in from California to our wedding in Utah.

We had the privilege of having Spencer's Grandfather Bagley seal us in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I knew how much that meant to Spencer and to have a family member be the one to seal us was incredibly special. So many of our family and special friends were able to join us. We really enjoyed every minute of the temple. I cried so much knowing I was starting an eternal journey with my bestest friend! Also knowing that my brothers and their wives were there was so special for me. I love this gospel so much and I'm so grateful for the blessings of the temple.

As we went outside we got a few quick pictures with the group and some family photos. Everyone was so cold so we had to cut it a little short. I was really happy with how all the pictures turned out! Our photographer did a great job. His name is Brandon Burke but he works for Trinity Photography. After the temple we quickly drove to the church on Wakefield Way to begin the luncheon. The luncheon was my absolute favorite part of the whole day. It was so special because our
closest family and friends were there. Olive Garden catered our meal. We had delicious salad, breadsticks, and 3 different kinds of soups. Before I forget I must say thank you to everyone that helped decorate the church. It looked absolutely beautiful. The lighting and Christmasy theme was more lovely than I could ever have hoped for. I wish we had more pictures of just how nice everything looked. Spencer's parents and ward members did SO much to help put the wedding together. So back to the luncheon. My brother Dustin sang a beautiful song called "For You" by John Denver. It is such a perfect song and he sang it so well. After the song we had toasts given by my parents, Spencer's parents, and several of our close friends and siblings. I loved what everyone had to say about us. It was so neat meeting even more of Spencer's family and close ward friends and getting to know even more how much of an impact Spencer had made in their lives. After the toasts we watched a slideshow that was made by Brandon Bagley (my brother-in-law) who is currently serving a mission in Forthworth Texas. We miss him so much! The slideshow was so neat and perfectly depicted the two of us growing up and then our love story after Spencer's mission. I felt so loved the entire day and I was so excited to have everyone who I feel closest to in my life be a part of our wedding. I know Spencer and I are so grateful for our friends and family who have helped us get to where we are today. It would be near impossible without you all!


The luncheon ended too soon and it was time for the reception to start about an hour later. The reception was at the same chapel and unfortunately I found out it was a hard one to find!
The reception went so fast and there were SO many people to see and say hello to! We did cake cutting, dancing to our song "Fields of Gold" (which was really fun but hard for Spencer because he hates to dance! Thanks for doing it anyway!), a line, and an ice cream bar that everyone seemed to really love. I also had the privilege of dancing with my father. This was such a sweet memory of ours. My dad was so happy and he had been waiting for this moment for so long. We danced to the song "I loved her first." Several of Michelle's friends helped with the food and it was so delicious! A few of my friends from Provo came up and that was really sweet. Most of the guests were from Spencer's ward (who I didn't even know)--but I was grateful to meet so many new people. The cake was beautiful and made my Spencer's roommate at USU Christain. I don't know if many people know this but the bottom two layers were made of styrofoam! We only cut into the top layer which was pretty good carrot cake.



My niece Lainey was there also. It was special having her there because my other two nieces and my one nephew weren't able to fly out. She followed me around all night trying to carry my dress. It was so priceless! Spencer looked so happy all day and I was so proud to be his wife. I just love him so much and he made the wedding day so magical!

As the reception came to a close I did a boquet toss and my friend Janae Blank caught it. Who knows maybe she'll be the lucky girl! My photographer was set up on an "after-wedding date" with my friend Jamie. Lots of matchmaking going on that night :) Several of Spencer's friends from USU came down to celebrate and some of my students from Joel P. Jensen and my ward in West Jordan came as well. After the bouquet toss I quickly scarfed down some ice cream and before I knew it, it was time for us to leave! Dustin was our announcer and told everyone we were on our way out so they all followed us out to our car. I guess no one prepared to decorate so my dad and brothers decorated the car with ice cream cones and vanilla ice cream and toppings from the ice cream bar. Oh well :) I still thought it was fun. I couldn't find any of my bags and they ended up being scattered in everyone's car! My wallet and temple bag ended up flying back to California with my brother but I got it a week later when we had our Sonora reception.


Chelsea, Jed, and Jamie decorated our hotel room that night and we ended up going to St. George for our honeymoon. That trip was so fun and will be in my next post. Thanks to everyone for making our day so wonderful and memorable. We love you and we love being married! Until next time!

Love this post! It was a beautiful day and you and Spencer looked great. Can't wait for the next post!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear you are so happy! I wish I could have been there or in Sonora. You look so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post! I really love how your pictures turned out, Boz. They are all so classic and timeless. You two make such a good looking couple and I too am excited for your honeymoon pictures! Also for our trip coming up in two weeks! Oh ya!... Right?
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures!! You are such a beautiful bride. Your hair is amazing gorgeous!! Sooooo excited for you and your exciting new life with your hubby! :o)
ReplyDeleteJulie, you gorgeous little thing!! I loved seeing you pictures, you guys are going to have such wonderful lives together!
ReplyDelete