Pages

Wednesday, January 20

We've been married one whole month!

Things have been so busy for us lately. I will tell all the details of the wedding in another post (we don't have internet so I don't know when that will be). Life has just been so much fun lately! The wedding was so much fun and everything I hoped it would be and more! The sealing was just amazing and the luncheon, reception, and later Sonora reception all turned out perfectly. It is so much fun being married to my best friend. Yesterday we celebrated our one month mark. I made Spencer a sign that said "Happy One Month...I love you!" and then we ate pizza and watched a movie. One of my favorite things about being married is I go to bed earlier and I wake up earlier. I'm much more productive and I don't eat out as much! We spent a week in St. George on our honeymoon and then we went snowmobiling on Christmas Eve. We took another trip to Sonora for our reception there, and then came back a week before work and school started to get everything situated and together.

We love our house/basement. It is just perfect! It is two bedrooms and plenty of space for the both of us. With all of our gift cards we got we went shopping for all of the things we didn't get as gifts. It took us at least 4 days to shop, unpack, clean, and de-box all the empty boxes we had! I bet Spencer took 6-8 loads out to the garbage in just four days! It was so much fun unpacking everything together and deciding which things to use, where to put things, how to decorate this and that, etc. Once we had all of THAT done, we still had to register Spencer for his classes and get me ready for work. Still a lot more left to be done, but it has all worked out!

We have been so blessed lately. Spencer was able to get a pell grant for school, which helps out SO much! Spencer is loving UVU and all of his classes seem to be very enjoyable for him. He is working 20 hours a week in the food preparation department. He is becoming an expert chef and has been very excited to try out new recipes for our meals at home. Hey, I'm not complaining! As for me, I have been extremely busy with my work. I quit Applebee's so I could spend more time at home and also to pick up some extra hours at Timpanogos Elementary in Provo. Instead of 20 I know have 30 hours (which feels more like 40). I am teaching all the physical education classes to grades k-4, teaching arts and crafts and health science twice a week for the 4H after school program, and I also teach reading, writing, and math everyday after school for an hour to the 6th graders. It is a lot of work but I'm learning a lot! On top of that I've been getting ready and preparing myself to teach 9 (nine) R.A.D.kids classes (Personal Empowerment Safety Education). I teach all the 1st and 3rd graders this class at my school during the week. It is an excellent class and the kids really enjoy it! I'm getting better everyday at teaching but it's also a challenge and I learn something new everyday. I love my students and I love teaching elementary. My professor at BYU said I was an elementary teacher but I never believed her until I got this job. If only it paid a little bit more and was more full time then I would never leave! It is so fulfilling knowing that I'm teaching skills and behaviors that will influence and help their lives forever. I really enjoy the faculty here and I feel like I'm actually getting to know people better.

As for our ward, we love it. Everyone has been so friendly and nice. I already received a calling: Relief Society chorister. Apparently they think I have a good voice, which means I have musical talent. I suppose I have some practice. It will be good for me to get into music again. I have kind of not put very much focus on that talent/hobby of mine for a while now. Spencer is still anxiously waiting to hear what HIS calling will be. Hmmmm.

Last weekend we went up to Richmond, Utah for some good grandparent quality time, a few games of RISK, and we also went shooting up in the mountains. We took some old pickle jars with two year old pickles and blasted them! I shot a 22, and a rifle. It was so cool! Spencer and his brothers are really good friends and it's so nice seeing them get along. I love his family and I'm so excited to get to know them even better. They are all really fun to be around and I feel so welcomed and at home.

It is so neat being married. I really do enjoy it, and Spencer helps me want to be a better person. I love that I married in the temple and have those blessings forever. We went back to the temple for the first time last weekend and it really helped strengthen our relationship. I encourage all of you to go back regularly if you can!

Up next...wedding, honeymoon, California reception, and anything else in between.

Adios!

2 comments:

  1. And the best part, you're still Julie B :)

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're so happy! Glad you still enjoy teaching elementary school. You look like a princess.

    ReplyDelete