Thursday, July 29
My Friend Megan
As some of you may know, my friend Megan Boyack Smith was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia a few weeks ago. She has been constantly on my mind AND in my prayers. I grew up with Megan in Sonora. She was in my ward, we went to high school together, seminary, and I think we even did a play together. She is an amazing friend and has the brightest personality I have ever seen! Seriously though, if I had to pick one trait that was negative I could never in a million years think of one! She has this attitude that just lights up the world. Her positive nature is addictive. She has an amazing testimony and the brightest smile. Each time you see her she lights up the entire room and ALWAYS asks how you are doing. My brother Travis said he has never once heard her gossip...which I can vouch for. So the fact that she has leukemia was heart breaking to hundreds of people. Her mom and my mom are best friends in our ward so we have been really worried but luckily things have started to look up for her. The sad thing is is that the day Megan was diagnosed with cancer was the SAME day she gave birth to her beautiful daughter Rylee Hannah Smith. Her white blood cell count was abnormally high so they rushed her to the cancer treatment place. She has already gone through one intense week of chemo and is now out of a coma and off the breathing device. The Lord has been blessing her and I know the prayers are working! They will find the results out tomorrow of whether or not the bad cells are all gone. So I suppose my purpose of this post is this. Even though you may not know who Megan is, I ask that you PLEASE pray for her and her family tonight. Pray fervently that she will be healed and will be able to go back to her home and be with her baby Rylee. Thank you so much! I will try and keep you updated on how it goes. If you want to see her website, it's www.prayersformegan.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is a very special person. I remember her growing up but she was younger than me so we never had any contact. But after she was married we had our first real meeting and she was so sweet. She made me feel like we were already best friends. Her spirit is amazing. She can (and has) touched so many hearts.
ReplyDelete