A few days before though for a family home evening Spencer and I went to Robert's Craft Store and got some spray paint to make these AWESOME red shirts. We also got some letter decals and got our shirts from GEN-X clothing for $5 each. I decided to make my shirt a "running" shirt since I was going to be running my marathon soon. My shirt says "Run 26.2 Like A Girl." It was really fun to make the shirts but mine took a LONG time. Spencer's shirt was from a decal he made in his graphic artist class.
So for the hike I wanted to go up Rock Canyon and hike to the top of Squaw Peak. I had hiked this a few years back with some friends and remember it being beautiful. And it really was. Again. But I didn't remember it being QUITE SO STEEP! The whole hike was uphill! Luckily I was in pretty good shape but after doing this I realized how out of shape I am! We had a great time talking, laughing, throwing stickers on each other. Spencer threw like 100 stickers on me with the branch of stickers. So I decided to get him back. It took us a good 5 minutes to get all the stickers off. Ha.
Here the handsome guy is...he is such a good sport! The view from the top is really breathtaking.
This was taken on the way back down the mountain.
By the time we got to the car we were excited to go eat at
Tucanos!
By the time we got to the car we were excited to go eat at
Tucanos!
Spencer and Julie
August 21, 2010
Birthday dinner at Tucanos. I ate a lot of food. Which wasn't the best since we were headed to Seven Peaks afterward. Spencer had never been to this restaurant so it was fun to show him.
Has anyone ever been to Seven Peaks? I can't believe after 7 years of living in Provo I had not been! It is seriously SO MUCH FUN going on the slides especially in the hot sun. The BOOMERANG and the steep slides about freaked me out with excitement. I LOVE THE THRILL of rides.
Later that night we went home and watched that movie The Last Song which was actually really good and Spencer liked it too. This birthday was probably one of the funnest I have had in a REALLY long time. I'm so glad I was able to spend it with Spencer and do all the things I love to do!
happy birthday (in august)! I can't believe Spencer's never been to Tucanos. We go twice a year - once in September for my birthday and once in February for Dave's birthday. I hope you used a buy one get one free deal.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds soooo fun!!! I would LOVE that birthday! haha. I'm glad you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome 25th birthday! Happy birthday Julie...we're all growing up way too fast.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I vividly remember your 12th birthday at Gina's (or Gino's?) pizza. That seems so long ago. Another life. :)
ReplyDelete