Pages

Sunday, January 16

Changes and Updates

I think my last post was so long that probably NO ONE read through the whole thing. Sorry guys, I'll work on it. There were just too many pictures that I had to put on the blog post! Anyway, no pictures for this post. Mostly because I've been busy putting an old disc of pictures into categories on our computer that I don't have the energy to put them on THIS computer, make sense? These pics are from my college days, so maybe I'll be posting some more "oldies but goodies" soon. My computer crashed a few years ago and this random guy helped me get all my lost pictures off of the hard drive and put them onto a DVD, which I am now FINALLY putting back onto a computer. Sheesh! Procrastinate much? It's fun looking through all the old photos though and seeing how much I have changed. My brown, short hair has turned into long, blonde hair. It was a definite good change :)

So, as the blog title says, I have a couple (small) changes that have happened to me in the last few months. Some of you might not know but I got laid off from my full-time teaching job at Quail Run Primary School (because of so many students dropping out--the parents didn't like how the school was being run), so they had to let 5 teachers go. Suck! I was super disappointed and kind of lost for a while. I just didn't understand why it was happening to me! Turns out everything has turned out just fine! We have been so blessed financially it's not even funny. The Lord has really been looking out for us. I had some health problems as well which made it nice to have some time off of work (everything is good now). And I now have a new job working as the Community Relationship Developer for Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions. It is a great job! I get to work mostly from home and once in a while I put on presentations for high schools around Salt Lake and Utah County. I meet with school counselors around those areas and try to market and sell our free online programs--in the hopes of them letting us run an ACT prep course at their school. I am still learning a lot and have a long ways to go but it has been a great job that I am so grateful to have.

In other news, I also got a NEW calling! I am now officially the Laurel Advisor in my ward. I get to teach practically every Sunday and get to go along with the girls to their activities on Tuesday nights. And Spencer is the teacher's advisor so we often get to go together! I will miss being in Relief Society and seeing my new friends there but I really think this calling is for me and will help me to grow and be a better person. Hurray!

Spencer started school again and is looking into being either an engineer or a computer programmer. He'd do great at either one. I know picking a major can be a very tough choice--but once you pick the right one there is nothing better than knowing you have made a right decision. Kind of like marriage, right? It's good to have peace of mind to know you are doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do. I am still playing basketball with my friends on the Salt Lake city league and I have an awesome work-out buddy, my sister-in-law Laura! Life is great :)

We just bought Mario Party 8 for our Wii. Anyone think that game is good? We think it's kind of lame. We also have Super Mario Bros. and love that game. Does anyone have any good game suggestions for a Wii? Games are very expensive so we want to make sure we buy games that are AWESOME! Well, that's all for now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad things have worked out for you! I'm in the YW too! We should definitely swap ideas. Also Super Mario Bros is one of my favorites along with MarioKart!! MarioKart is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your last post! the whole thing. i just don't comment a lot. Sorry about your old job, and Yay about you new one. glad you are feeling better. i agree with mario kart. and justdance is a lot of fun. its one of the few games that i really wanted to spend the money on. and if you have the internet on your wii you can buy some of the old nintendo games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss you in RS :( but that is going to be such a fun calling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some great news you've got there. I'm glad the Lord is looking out for you two, you deserve it! I, too, just got a new calling with Will, NURSERY--should be an adventure! Will considered both engineering and computer programming too, that's funny. Hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete