Pages

Sunday, April 17

Harker Time!

I think this has for sure become a tradition that I hope will carry on for many years. Bishop Harker and his wife have always been such amazing influnces in my life, and now Spencer's too. I am so grateful that they are continually an influential part of my life and are always so much fun and inspirational to be around. They are such generous and loving people, and I know I will for sure make it a point to keep getting together with his family.

A few months back he and I kept trying to get together to eat some Mr. Phil's cookies! So, finally, we decided to get a bunch of us together and have a little reunion. There are so many people that know and love Bishop Harker, but these are just a few of them that came to spend some quality time and share some good food with him and his wife.

It's amazing how time flies! Just a couple years ago we were all single and living in Raintree. Who knew that in just a few years we would all be married and some of us already have babies.

I love this picture. He looks so happy and proud!


Can I just tell you how much I love Sister Harker! She is so fun, outgoing, crafty, friendly, and an amazing cook. We sure loved having her as a part of our ward for all of those years. She looks so happy in this picture! I love it.
Keaton, Kahlan and Andrew are all so adorable! Just love having babies around. It was too bad Caden didn't come because he is so stinkin' cute!!


I really think this picture looks so posed, but it captures all the couples that were there that night. Tyler and Cami, Jed and Chelsea, Spance and me, Justin and Ashley, and Justin and Jessica. And the three cute little babies, minus one who was at home asleep! So fun to see the Normans and the Newmans, and of course the Vach's and the Sybrowsky's. These are some great people!


If you have ever been to the Harker home, you feel so welcomed and right at home. There is a special spirit that invites you right in. I remember many times coming over there for firesides, crazy Relief Society sleepovers, enrichment activities, barbeques, and now reunions. I served as the Relief Society President with Bishop Harker for a year so that is one of the ways I became so close to him. He really is a strong fatherly influence in my life and has helped me to make a lot of decisions. Thank you so much Bishop. I love you both!!


It was so much fun catching up with all the girls. I hadn't connected with Cami in a while which was really nice to catch up a little while we were there. These girls were roommates and will always be my best friends! I love the time we were all able to share and grow together. They know way too much about me but that is what makes us so close :)


Bishop and I were talking about having another "bigger" reunion this summer again with other previous ward members. It would be really fun to see everyone again. Hopefully we can get something going before everyone moves away for good. 

We had such a great time! Thanks again for a wonderful evening together.
Muahh!

1 comment:

  1. Will and I would be up for it. Will always talks about how Bishop Harker was a great influence in his life. I love that couple!

    ReplyDelete