Our fun in Vegas did not stop with the strip or The Phantom. The next morning we woke up early and headed over to the Las Vegas Temple. I had been there once before when an old roommate got married back in 2005. It was a really fun trip, one I'll never forget! When I came back, I remembered all over again how beautiful this temple is.
We did an endowment session together. I love doing temple work!! There is something special about doing service for people who can't do it for themselves.
The flowers were really beautiful too. I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the flowers! I love tulips. They are so beautiful and scream the word Spring!
Spencer in front of the LAS VEGAS TEMPLE.
Have any of you ever been to Hoover Dam? I hadn't. It is pretty close to Vegas so we took the trip down. It was worth the drive because dang, that is some fine engineering!
After our Hoover Dam tour we went to an all-you-can-eat SHRIMP, CRAB, and LOBSTER buffett. I wish I could say that I didn't eat a lot while in Vegas and that I counted my calories and exercised every single day, but THE FOOD! There was just so much of it. And it was delicious too, so I ate it. A lot of it! Spencer ate more, so there.
Spencer had to at least put $2.00 into a slot machine. He had no idea what he was doing so he lost it in all of 3 minutes. Good thing though because I don't trust those machines very much.
Just call him "Money Bags"
We finally made it back home and went to bed early out of exhaustion. We did take the time though to watch American Idol and hang out with the grandparents. They are the best hosts and make us feel so welcomed. We love staying with them, and spending time with them before they go on their mission was something we really wanted to do. They did get their mission call a few days after we left. They are going to Sydney, Australia and leave in October. Wow I can't believe how lucky they are to be able to go to Aussie Land!!
Before we made it home we had to drive by the St. George Temple.
Sooo beautiful!!! Look at all of those flowers.
The next day Spence and I went to our honeymoon hike location, Red Cliffs Recreation Site. The weather was still really hot but the water was cold! I ended up getting completely wet and Spencer and I did some sweet cliff jumping. This place is great for hiking, swimming, rappelling, and hiking through narrows. It is located in Leeds, Utah, just North of St. George. I'm so glad we get to do fun things like this together. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't marry someone who likes hiking and the great outdoors.
I didn't get very many pics because I left the camera in the car since we were going to be swimming.
That night we went shopping for a mother's day gift for Ruth Ann and had some delicious tacos for dinner. In the morning we went to church, came home for pork dinner, and then headed home. St. George is so beautiful this time of year. I love visiting and it's especially nice to have family down there. It will be sad when they go on their mission! Farwell St. George and Vegas.
I hope to see you again soon.

jed is sitting here and we love your trip. good thing you went to vegas for a REAL party! but, we went to the Hoover Dam way before you did. sorry. Jed always says, "Let's park in the dam parking lot. Where's the dam road?" i'll call you soon little BA. Keep it real or lose it.
ReplyDelete