Pages

Saturday, May 28

Utah Lake and Gun Shootin!

 About a month ago we decided to go for a little Sunday drive around Utah Lake. I have heard of people doing this before but never knew exactly how to get to the road that goes all the way around the lake.  With my job I do a lot of travelling and one day I wound up in Saratoga Springs on Redwood Road and figured out that this is the road that goes all the way around Utah Lake! So Spence and I drove from American Fork to Saratoga Springs and wound up in Santaquin on Highway 6. It took about an hour and a half round trip. It was a little cloudy but so beautiful!

 

I wish I would have gotten some pictures of Saratoga Springs. It is such a small, cute town and right off the lake. I wouldn't mind living in a place like this. Secluded, yet close to some bigger cities.



Happy Travelers!



If y'all have some time and want to go for a quick drive, take the American Fork Main Street exit and head West on Pioneer Crossing. Once you hit Redwood Road take a left and you're on the road!


So I finally gave in and let Spencer buy a gun. He has been talking about buying a gun for quite some time now. I always used to be turned off to guns due to all the shootings and accidents I've heard about over the years, but if you have the right safety devices I think they are as safe as you allow them to be. We bought a 10/.22 Ruger Rifle with a scope at Cal Ranch! We tested it out today at Utah Lake (same road we travelled on) and had a blast! Here are a couple pics. As we speak Spence is shining his gun and obsessing over all the cool accessories. Hehe.

What a PRO...


I am learning but I still don't really know what I'm doing. I did hit some targets though!


Bad-A is all I have to say! Let us know if you want to go shooting with us! It will probably be a new hobby for us for the next few years :)

1 comment: