Pages

Thursday, June 2

Easter Extravaganza 2011

Easter 2011 was spent with my wonderful nieces and nephew! I am so lucky to have them here with me this year. They are going to be moving back to California October 1st so I'm trying to treasure every moment with them. I have so enjoyed being a full time aunt these past few months. I love these kids so much I can't imagine loving my own kids more, but I'm sure I will someday! Dustin and his family used to live out here my first 3 years of college and then moved away to California. Somehow the heavens united and Dustin found a great job here in Utah last fall. Lightning struck though when Dustin found out he can telecommute and decided to move back to California! Ugh. Too bad they don't like Utah. I love it here!!


Easter Eve we spent with Spencer's family and helped his sister move into her new house. They have such a nice house! It makes me excited to have a house of our own someday...yes...someday. We attended church in West Jordan and watched Richard give a talk. We then rushed down to our ward and found out that my Young Women presidency was being released, so everyone bore testimonies in YW and I got out of teaching a lesson. Darn! Hehe. Spencer had to teach though. We do love our callings! I'm the laurel advisor and Spencer is the teacher's advisor. He is busy preparing for camps this summer and I get to go to Girl's camp again!

Anyway, back to Easter Extravaganza 2011. Here are the little devils themselves! You'll know what I mean if you keep reading...

Lillian (7), Bryan (10), Lainey (3), Kate (5)


These girls love me too...so grateful to have them!!


They adore their mother more than anything in the world. She is such an amazing mother. I hope to be like her someday. Forgive the poor picture quality, but these pics are all from my ipod since I lost my other camera on our way to Vegas.


The Infamous Easter Egg Hunt! I was laughing so hard because Bryan could not find his shoes for the first couple of minutes so he ran out in a rush bare foot carrying a plastic bag. Lainey and Kate were so cute trying to find all the hidden eggs.

 I remember Easter Egg hunts as a child. Boy was it stressful and competetive in my family! I usually got most of the eggs though since I had two younger cousins. Hehe. My uncle would always stick a $5 or $10 and sometimes even a $20  into the eggs! Now you can understand why this event was competetive. At the end we would all count our money to see who got the most. Such good memories.


Laura, like usual, made some really great food. Here are the Easter cookies she and the girls made together. So delicious!


Laura did a great job making the girls' hair look cute.


The devils themselves! Spencer found this picture editor app on my I-Touch and I about busted a gut when I saw Bryan with horns. It's all too true!


I can't really tell you what Bryan is doing here, let's just say he was on a hunt! He is such a fun kid to be around. He is so adventurous and brave. I will really miss him when he leaves!


I can't forget to mention the importance of my testimony on Easter Sunday. I am so grateful for everything that my Savior Jesus Christ has done for me throughout my life. I know that he understands all of my weaknesses and helps me overcome them one at a time. I know he loves me infinitely and is always watching me during my greatest moments. I'm so thankful for his atonement and his willingness to bear our burdens. I love that he knows me personally and is here for me whenever I need to call on him. I can not wait to meet him someday and give him a huge hug and kiss. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and serenity it brings into my life.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, such a cute post. Any post with the kids in it is gonna be great. Thanks so much for the nice things you said about me. I really appreciate it. You're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete