Pages

Wednesday, June 8

Outdoorsie Much?

Outdoor Summer Adventures have begun!

Yes, we finally got out of the house and had some fun times rappelling and hiking to a waterfall. We went with some of our best friends Michael and Jackie from Salt Lake. Michael was Spencer's best man at our wedding (it has been a year and a half can you believe it)? He and his wife have become great friends of ours over the past two years.

Michael has ropes for rock climbing and took us up to Big Cottonwood Canyon to a REALLY HIGH SPOT for rappelling. I mean, it was high. I have done some high rappells before but this was the highest I had ever rappelled. SO HIGH! As you can see from the pictures. Richard, Spencer's youngest brother, came with us too, and had never been rappelling before--so we decided to not let this be his first attempt. Good idea.

Michael (Miguel) and Jackie (Jackelina)


Spencer looking so cool and being brave for me! I ended up doing it too but no one got a pic of me from up top (just from below).


Spencer is such a handsome guy!
And also more daring then even me (can you believe it?)
He'll cliff jump from extraordinarily high places.
This rappell did not phase him. I guess that's most guys for ya though. 


That tiny person up there is me! The view from the top was so beautiful. I want to go again soon! It took a long time to hike up from the bottom but it was definitely worth it!


A few days before Spence and I went on a little night hike to this waterfall in Pleasant Grove. It is a really short hike and kind of steep up Battle Creek Road. I cherish the memories we make when we do activities outside together. I know I hate being inside the house for too long. I actually have to drag Spencer out sometimes because after work he's so exhausted. Maybe every time I have an idea I'll just say "we're going snowmobiling!" Then he's for sure come every time. Too bad it's not true ;)



I love the contrast of this picture. Utah is such a pretty place. I love living here.


Finally some goof ball pics!



Someday, when we have kids, I'm sure this won't be an easy thing to just pick up and go out for a hike. I guess that's why they invented those baby carrier things? We met up with our friends Christian and Stephanie at Rock Canyon park last week and they seem to be pretty determined to be able to take little Claire on hikes. I suppose if you are flexible enough you can bring the little ones with you. But for now, we'll just enjoy having just the two of us! Which I'm more than happy with right now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, enjoy the two of you while you can. Although we try to still do a lot of things we used to, it takes a lot more planning and patience (I was thinking that a lot when I went to Oregon with my family last weekend). And thanks for the shout-out! We had so much fun with you guys!

    ReplyDelete