Pages

Sunday, January 1

Boys Basketball Team!

Here are a few pictures from my boys basketball team I coached this year. To be honest, this has been my favorite thing I have done so far this year at Kearns. I coached volleyball, and that was fun, but coaching basketball is totally different and I LOVED IT! I was dreading doing it at first because of the time committment and my dad passing right before tryouts started, but once I started coaching I totally dove in and the season flew by!

My boys were completely respectful, hard working, committed, and a blast to be around. I have learned so much about coaching. I was nervous coming in as a first coach. I had coached at camps before, but this was my first head coaching gig. The fact that I was their leader, their mentor, their inspiration during half time and before games was very intimidating. But also very empowering and exciting! Everyday was a new adventure, with new challenges and new things to learn from.

I had two assistant coaches who helped out a ton, and two managers to help with uniforms, logistics, etc. We didn't have a very big winning season, but we improved  A LOT and had a couple of wins.

Here is my Junior Varsity Team. I coached this team and the Varsity team (but we were really one team and practiced as one team). In total we had 22 boys. That was a lot, thankfully I had help.


JV and Varsity. What a bunch of goof heads!


Height was not one of our strong points. Haha.


Winners! We had a great team attitude with great captains. Our goal was to come together as a family. I feel like we really did. We had our ups and downs, but everyone was very positive and encouraging to one another. These guys worked super hard during the season, so I put together a pizza party for them after our last game. They deserved it!

Such great boys!


Coach Bagley giving one of her many speeches.
Although here it looks like I am giving an evil eye to someone.


These boys were very conditioned! Lots of pushups, situps, and suicides every day. They were in great shape though. They said I worked them harder than their football coaches. Good girl.


Last day of practice! We did a lot of rebounding/boxing out drills. Here they are performing.


Dribbling drills. Like I said, I learned a lot. Who knew the internet and "The Coaches ClipBoard" could be my best friend.  I had a lot of help and I can't wait to coach again next year. Thanks boys! You were awesome and I totally enjoyed being your coach.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted these. They look great. and happy! I wish I could see you coach. That is why I treasure these pics! Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete