Thanksgiving was a hit! We took another trip to California to spend time with my wonderful family. I feel like I have the best family in the whole world. They are fun and unique, and that is why I love them! I have a fairly small family on both sides, which is rare for a Mormon family, but we were not raised Mormon so that makes sense! I only have 2 cousins on my mom's side and 5 cousins on my dad's side. See? What did I tell you...small family. But that is what makes us soooo close! I only wish we could see each other more often. Everyone lives in California so I only get to see them a few times a year.
Dustin, Lainey, Jenny, Kate, Julie, Danny, Lily, Travis, Bryan
My adorable nieces! Lainey, Kate, and Lily. I love them so much. They are going to have another girl cousin in just a few months. They are so excited to meet her!
Danny, my youngest cousin. He's 21 and so handsome! He is working as a manager at Macy's Department Store and is going to school full time in Fremont. He is the sweetest, kindest, and best cousin ever!
Jenny (Jennifer). She is just 2-3 years younger than me. We did so much together when we were kids. I always admired her for her work habits and ambitions. She did gymnastics and cheer for most of her life and even cheered at Long Beach State. She is working and getting ready to go to physical therapy assistant school. She is also the sweetest, kindest, and most thoughtful person ever. I love spending time with her!
So family came over to Dustin's house in Sonora at around 1pm and the festivities began! There is always so much amazing and delicious food at any family gathering we attend. Laura made all the pies and everyone else chipped in with the food. Spencer got stuck with carving the turkey. What a guy!
The beautiful table that we all helped to set up. I love how beautiful tables are during the holidays! Makes me hungry just looking at it.
Spencer decided to try out his career in hand modeling. We had fun taking these pictures.
Ladies and gentlemen, Martinelli's Sparkling Cider!
My beautiful, fun, gorgeous Aunt Sandy! She is my mom's older sister and they are very close. She is also the mother of Jenny and Danny. Her husband, Floyd, was sick so he couldn't make it up for the holiday unfortunately. Sandy is super excited to have another niece! She thinks I should name her Sandy. Hehe.
The rest of the family. From left to right:
Aunt Betsy and fiance Bruce, my mom, Aunt Natalie, Spencer, Dustin, Travis, Katie, and Jack (my grandma's husband). There were a few more that are not in this picture. Dustin's house is so nice!
Aunt Betsy and fiance Bruce, my mom, Aunt Natalie, Spencer, Dustin, Travis, Katie, and Jack (my grandma's husband). There were a few more that are not in this picture. Dustin's house is so nice!
And here is Lainey sitting at the kid's table. Isn't she adorable? Look at those precious eyes!
Lily and Kate. I did Lily's hair with these new hair clips I bought her for her birthday just a week or two before. Kate looks a little grumpy, but I don't think she really was.
I realized at around 7pm that Spencer and I hadn't really taken any Thanksgiving pictures together. So here we are, outside, with a fun picture of us. How handsome my guy is! Notice how he's touching the babe.
Laura, Katie, and Julie. We wanted a picture of the three of us since we are all expecting in 2012!
As you can see, we're all due within a few months of each other. We are all so excited. Katie just found out she is having a boy! We are still waiting to find out what Laura is having.
Thanksgiving night a few of us went to see the movie Breaking Dawn. We had been planning this night for quite a while since the movie came out right around Thanksgiving. My mom and her husband, Smokey came, me and Spencer, and Laura and Katie. I was so looking forward to this movie. As the movie progressed, I became more and more disgusted with the whole thing. And then as Bella gave birth and died, I was totally grossed out and regretted watching that movie! I never thought I would say that about a Twilight movie, but it's true. I plan on seeing the last movie still, because it won't be quite as graphic, but this movie just disturbed me on so many levels.
On Friday afternoon, we all got excited because Lily was getting baptized! I can not believe that this little girl is already 8 years old. I remember when she was born and so chubby and little. Now she is so tall and beautiful and the sweetest person in the whole world! She is so creative, artistic, thoughtful, and has a wonderful sense of humor. I always find her laughing and making jokes with her family. She is such a great example to her sisters. So cute!!!
The proud family.
After the baptism we luckily got a group family picture. I think it turned out so nicely!
Julie, Spencer, Eric, Judy (Laura's parents), Laura, Dustin, Smokey, mom, Katie, Travis,
Bryan, Lainey, Lily, Kate
Travis gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and Katie made Lily a blanket (a comforter representing the Holy Ghost). It was very creative and so appropriate for the baptism. Bryan gave a talk on baptism and he did such a great job (just like his dad). Dustin baptized Lily and I gave the closing prayer. It was a wonderful baptism! I definitely felt the spirit and know that Lily made such a great decision this day. Love you little girl!
The next morning we headed to Hayward for my dad's memorial service. It was a great weekend trip!
Love you all.





No comments:
Post a Comment