Pages

Friday, December 2

California Trip!

Here is a walk down memory lane for me. When Spencer and I went out for my dad's funeral, we decided  instead of being downers and hang out at home, we would go out and visit all the fun places I remember sharing with my dad in the bay area. He used to live in Sausalito and San Bruno. I would often visit him at his house on the weekends when I was in high school. Spencer had never been to San Francisco or seen the Pacific Ocean from California, so we of course had to visit Pier 39! We also traveled to Muir Woods and Muir Beach. It was so much fun and we drew so close together during this very, very difficult and hard time in my life.

On our way through Carson Pass

Driving through the Sierra Nevada mountain range is breathtaking. I so love living here in Utah with all of the mountains but there is nothing quite like the Sierra Nevada range. We love to roll down our windows and smell the fresh pine cone smell. This trip we listened to a lot of music and listened to the book "Ghost Soldiers." Spencer drove the entire way as I took plenty of naps. Love that!


We drove out on Friday and got to Dustin's house Friday night. On Saturday morning we drove down to San Francisco to spend the day together. One thing Spencer has always said he wanted to do when we visit California is to go out exploring on our own. So we saw a window of opportunity and took it! We left early Friday morning from Sonora and made our first stop at Las Margaritas grill to get some lunch in Oakdale. Delicious! One of my pregnancy cravings is Mexican food (but I always enjoy Mexi food). We then journeyed over the Bay Bridge and headed into San Francisco. It was a madhouse trying to find parking! We stopped at Pier 39 and made our tourist rounds from there. The little island behind my head is Alcatraz.




This store was so awesome! I totally wanted to buy their left handed scissors but they were like $30 bucks. Everything made for left handers. Everything!!!!


Beautiful view of the bay from the wharf. 



We didn't buy anything, just window shopped and had a good time. I told Spence we HAD to go to Ghirardelli Square and get some ice cream. Both of us love their chocolates. We had way too much ice cream but it was definitely worth it! 


Our beach trip came a little later that night. 


Now for the best part of our day trip to the bay. Spencer had never driven or seen the Golden Gate Bridge so of course we had to drive over to it! Spencer kept looking for apes but he couldn't find any. I told him they were in the woods and ran away from the cops in the movie. He was sorely disappointed. We parked and walked along the bridge to a couple spots and then turned around to head to Sausalito!

I love San Fran!




Sausalito is a small beautiful city that is directly behind the Golden Gate.My dad lived in these apartments for a couple years when I was in high school. I frequently came to visit my dad here and we spent a lot of quality time here playing tennis, going boating on his tiny boat dingy around the bay, playing basketball, and many other memories shared here with just my dad. I loved weekends at my dad's house. It was just the two of us that would hang out when my brothers went to college. Our time in Sausalito made up some of my fondest memories. 



Spencer and I went to this place called Muir Beach and Muir Woods (home of the Redwoods). This place is special to me because my dad took me on a motorcycle ride there one weekend. It was the best trip ever and I have never forgotten how special of a place it is to both of us. He also took me to Stinson Beach which is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Here are a few pictures from our adventures beyond Sausalito.


Right down the road was Muir Beach. We made it right after sundown and the sky was seriously so beautiful. We had such a great time!










This moon and the couple of stars that were shining that night reminded me of my dad. I figured he was watching over us and I like to think the stars represented his love for us. I miss you so much daddy! I can't wait to someday reunite with you again. Thanks for all of these memories that I was able to share with Spencer. He loved seeing where we spent time together. Up next, my dad's burial and memorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment