Back in September, Spencer, Autumn and I had the privilege to go and visit my family in Sonora. It was a fantastic trip, one I will never forget. My sister in law Laura just gave birth to her 5th child, Oliver Brown in July and they were going to have a baby blessing for him on Labor Day weekend. We were really bummed at first because we didn't think that we could make it out, but we found a way!
One of the reasons this trip was so important and special for our family is the fact that Autumn, William, and Oliver had never met! I call them the three amigos. They were each born within four months of each other. Autumn in April, William in May, and Ollie in June. It was a really special and neat year for all of us because the three siblings all created new life, and with the passing of my dad the year before, we needed something to look forward to and the three babies shed a bright light on a dim spot in our lives.
On Friday afternoon, I took the last 2 periods off of work and had an aide cover my classes. I booked it home and got everything packed up in the car. Luckily I had everything packed the night before so it was an easy transition to the airport. We drove to West Jordan where Spencer's dad drove our car and dropped us off at the airport. We were excited to be getting out of town, but also nervous to take Autumn on the flight with us! It was her first flight and we didn't know how she would handle the elevation and everything. Luckily, she did pretty great! She was fussy at the beginning and toward the end, so we just tried to feed her and it kept her fairly calm. I like flying, but I don't love it. Something about small spaces and turbulence doesn't thrill me. I do love being in the air and looking at the beautiful scenery.
Excited to be in the air!
Autumn's like "I'm gonna punch you mom if you don't give me some milk!"
My aunt Sandy who lives in Fremont graciously picked us up and drove us to Sonora. We had a great time chatting with her and eating dinner at Carl's Jr. So good. Spencer had fun making Autumn look like she was luggage. We got a kick out of these pics! I love how things like this do not even phase her. Spencer loves making her look silly. Things I would never think of doing, he does and while I am usually the one to say "Ok Spence, that's enough" I know that those are the funny moments we will always remember.
We got into Sonora about 9pm and stopped by my mom's house in Jamestown for a few minutes before heading to Dustin's house where we would be staying the night. My mom texted me and said she wanted us to stop by because she couldn't stand the fact that Autumn would be so close and she wouldn't be able to see her. It was one of those moments that when she looked at Autumn sitting in her car seat, that I will never forget. The way she talked to her and the quick bond they shared for that tiny moment will always be dear to my heart. It is important to me that my mom has a special bond with Autumn, because she lives so far away and does not get very much interaction with her.
That night I met my nephew Oliver for the very first time. Here he is, barely over 1 month old!
And the girls got to meet Autumn for the first time too!
Spencer and Oliver
Lily and Autumn. I remember when Lily was this age!
At about 11pm, Travis and Katie finally drove in from Sacramento Airport. I got to meet William for the first time too! He is the sweetest boy with the cutest hair!
Travis meeting Autumn for the 2nd time. He came out for her baby blessing back in June.
Lainey and Autumn. Lainey is the youngest girl of Dustin's kids. Such sweet eyes!
I absolutely love this picture!
Lily, Lainey, Kate, Bryan and Autumn! Everyone meeting Autumn for the very first time, minus Lily who already met her once.
The next morning, Katie met Autumn for the first time, too!
The next morning, eating breakfast. French toast. Thanks Laura!
Travis trying to control the two kiddos: Autumn and William. Just 1 month apart.
Too precious!
Brothers and cousins
I had a lot of fun dressing up Autumn this weekend. I couldn't handle just packing a couple outfits for her. Plus, Katie and Laura and I went shopping at a kid's thrift store and I found a couple of really cute dresses and bows, like the one she is wearing below.
Katsie
I braided the girls' hair because Autumn kept on pulling on their hair!
A few days before our trip, my step mother Kris sent me this Raider bow which matched the Raider dress my mother in law made for Autumn. I put it on Autumn this weekend so we could remember my dad, the biggest Raider fan I know!
Dustin sure loves his niece!!
Oops!
My mom threw me a little birthday party. She is so thoughtful. I couldn't even believe they wanted to have a party for me since my birthday was a couple weeks before. It was so sweet of her to put it on. She got me an oreo cake, double fudge brownie ice cream, and a couple of new outfits. Thanks mom! I only wish you lived closer. Then we could go shopping and hang out all of the time.
Julie Lorinda Bagley, 27 years old.
I sure love my nieces!!
And I love this guy even more! He fits in so well with my family. They love him to pieces and everyone meshes so well. I am truly blessed!
I love this picture because Autumn so looks like she is ready to dive in and eat the cake!
Laura got a couple of presents too for Oliver
Here is a picture of Oliver in the onesie I bought him, and laying on a blanket that I made for him. William also has the same blanket, but it is green.
On Sunday we got ready to head to the church for Oliver's baby blessing. All of our family came, even aunts and uncles who are not members of the church. It was pretty incredible!
Dustin and Spencer both bore their testimonies of the truthfulness of the church and of their faith in Jesus Christ. It was a great missionary opportunity for our family to share the gospel.
Autumn had the same shirt! But in pink!
After church we came home and had a deli meat feast! The food was incredible, so were the drinks
This cute little boy is Sherry's son. Sherry is Laura's sister
Aunt Sandy and Oliver! Aunt Nat and William!
Cousin Danny, Lainey, and Ethan
Bruce and Betsy, my aunt and uncle
Mary and Oliver + me. Mary was my dad's girlfriend and a close family member. We love her. I am so glad she was able to come up!
Isn't she just so beautiful?
Laura, Lily, Oliver.
Wish we lived closer to these folks!
Family Picture outside of Dustin's house
They love their "TUMS"
My mom and step dad. Connie and Smokey Watson
We got a little carried away with all of the pictures!
Autumn kept herself entertained very well by eating her shoe!
Then...the baby pictures!
On our way home. A couple last pictures. Even I was tired of taking pictures! That doesn't happen very often! Autumn and William are like "what's up?"
We drove home on Sunday evening and stayed with my aunt in Fremont. Autumn slept in a suitcase because we did not have her pack and play. It was pretty hilarious!
Leaving beautiful Sonora
Monday morning, headed home to Utah!
One of the best trips to California of my life. So many memories, wonderful pictures, amazing bonding with the family. And we are driving to Portland next month for Christmas to see my family again. This time Kris (my dad's wife) will be joining us. Such a great reunion it will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment