So I know you are wondering "what did the Bagleys do for Valentine's Day this year?" Well, I will tell you! It started off with a fun 6th Grade Valentine's Day DANCE!! Yes, I did say 6th Grade Dance! And I was invited! Haha. Starting about 6 weeks before the big day the 6th graders learned several partner dances including the cha cha, the jitterbug, the waltz, and several fun line dances including "Gangnam Style!" I helped teach the dances, and the 6th graders for the most part enjoyed themselves. Except for the part where they had to touch each other. It was so funny watching them get all nervous about having to hold a girl's or a guy's hand or heaven forbid put an arm around their back! The dance went very well. All the students dressed up so nicely and everyone had a blast (including the parents).
Here is one of the classes. Aren't the decorations awesome?
My awesome specialty team! Melanie and Susan who teach computers and music. We joined in and danced a few of the line dances.
That night I surprised Spencer with a bunch of Valentine's decorations and a yummy meal! I wanted to do something really special for him, since he is always such a hard worker and he has done so much for me over the past year since I've been a working mom. He is so selfless and kind, especially when I don't feel well. I told him this year, it was his time to get the VIP treatment! Last year he made me an amazing meal. I love making holidays special! It gives me something to look forward to.
On the menu:
Tri Tip
Asparagus
Mashed Potatoes
Valentine's Cookies
Spencer bought me some chocolates, V8 Sparking fruit drink (since I rarely drink soda), and a very sweet card.
We exchanged cards and chocolates and then finished off the night with a fun movie.
Did you really think we left Autumn out of her very 1st Valentine's Day? Let's just say she really enjoyed those mashed potatoes. Such a fun and cute girl! Although I do think she was really loud during dinner. She made this year that much more special :) Hope you and yours had a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment