Pages

Friday, July 19

Our first trip to Colorado

Our trip to Colorado came and went just too quickly! I was looking forward to it all summer and it finally came that we were able to visit my best friend Chelsea, her husband Jed and cute kids, Andrew and Brayden. They have lived there for about 4 years now and bought a house last year. We were excited to see them in their element. They have been ranting and raving about Colorado so we had to see what the fuss was all about. 

I was AMAZED at how beautiful and colorful Colorado is. The mountains are SO high and the land is exquisitely green. It is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in a long time. I definitely wouldn't mind visiting again soon. We left Friday morning and travelled for about 10 hours with stops. Autumn handled the car ride very well. She is a happy baby pretty much all the time, which makes travelling a breeze! I love looking back and seeing her brown eyes and bright smile. She loves giving me big smiles and holding my hand once in a while. Spencer as always did great driving and never complained about being tired or anything. SO NOT ME. I would hate driving that far and would probably give up the wheel after a few hours. Good thing I have him along! We listened to a book and had a wonderful trip together.

On our way!


San Rafael Swell near Green River, Utah.


It was nice to see this sign, even though we had a few hours left. 



We arrived at Chelsea and Jed's beautiful home around 6:45. It was fun to get the grand tour and see all the work they had done on their house. They are always doing projects to improve their home. Our beautiful condo is a result of their hard work! Chelsea is a great decorator too. So festive with 4th of July decorations and very home like in the basement where we stayed. It was like our own bed and breakfast suite! That night Jed and Chelsea took us to a Mexican restaurant and then a quick drive to downtown Denver. Denver is really pretty at night.


Saturday morning we packed up some bikes and drove down to the Vail area and rode down this beautiful 14 mile trail. It was a little crazy getting everything ready to go. Dropping cars off here, getting babies ready there, making sure we had the keys, etc. But once we got going it was truly magnificent! I couldn't believe how beautiful it all was. Especially when we rode by the river. 


Spencer towed Autumn and Andrew while Chelsea towed Brayden in her no so comfortable bike. I think the kids liked it! They each took turns napping and poking one another.


We stopped at a cute little town to eat some lunch and snap some photos. 




I love this little angel of mine! She is such a trooper and puts up with pretty much anything. I'm glad she's so easy to do things with. 


I didn't hear one peep from this little guy! He did so well with everything. What a sweetie!


Thanks for the fun bike ride! It was great to catch up and talk with Chelsea. I love that we are still so close after college.








Later that night we stopped by Cravers burgers and literally died and went to burger heaven! Spencer ate a burger with a brick of fried cream cheese and mine was the Colorado with lamb. Delicious!! We still talk about it to our friends. Next time we go to Denver we are for sure going here again!




Love these silly pictures! Autumn has the cutest expressions. Andrew liked to climb around and be silly but we let him because we didn't care. 

On Sunday Autumn imprinted on Chelsea. She sat and stared at her for like 3 minutes! It was soooo funny.


On Sunday evening we drove to Red Rocks Amphitheater and walked/jogged around. It had such a beautiful view. 





I hope to see a concert here someday!


Autumn loves her daddy!


A hug, anyone?


Where's your shoes Chelsea?


My new phone camera takes such cool photos! Who needs Instagram?





Photo bomb by Tumns and Spence!







Later that night we ate delicious pot roast and played a wicked game of Catch Phrase, which for some reason the boys were beating us, until the very end! We stayed up late talking and then woke up the next morning and took off about 11am. The drive home was pretty quick! Thanks again for a great time guys! Until next year! 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you got to go see your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wud up Ba~ such a fun trip! Let's make it a summer tradition, hm? Your blog hasn't been showing me updates - I always forget it's private and then I never know if you add a post. But I'll stay on top of it now that I remembered again. :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys were able to make the trip! Colorado is beautiful..isn't it? You definitely went to all the right places...Red Rocks, the bike ride, etc. It would be cute to see Andrew and Autumn together around this age..wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete