Pages

Sunday, November 2

Baby Jacob

Baby Jacob is growing and getting so big already! He just turned 6 weeks yesterday. We just love him to pieces! He is such a perfect little baby and has such a sweet demeanor about him. I can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life. Everyday is a miracle and a true blessing. I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby. I see other families that struggle with premies or some babies that have diseases at birth. So far we have been blessed with two healthy, thriving babies. Hurray!

Jacob is so sweet and happy. Just recently he has started smiling. Like REAL smiles, not just gassy ones :) He sleeps pretty well at night, usually only waking up once or twice, depending on when he goes to sleep. He takes a binky pretty well but is also content without one. He does get fussy from time to time usually due to gassiness or tiredness. If we can't calm him we put him in the swing. He usually enjoys that, especially if there are lights to look at. Spencer and I switch sides of the bed each night which means whoever is closer picks him up at night when he cries, and then I nurse him. Nursing has finally become a very enjoyable experience. He nurses for about 10-15 minutes, and burps really well. He doesn't spit up hardly at all which is so nice and so different from Autumn. I hope my milk supply continues to stay up so I can nurse for a long time. It is such a wonderful bonding time between me and the little guy. He loves it. There is something so satisfying about being able to supply nutrients from your own body to your baby. It really is a miracle!

The baby blessing will be in December. My family is going to be flying out from Oregon and California. Hurray! Today was Christie and Ben's twins blessing day. They are so adorable! It is so much fun having kids around the same time as our siblings. I can't wait to see the cousins all playing together as they get older. Jacob has been well loved by so many family and friends with gifts, clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets, etc! We have so much to be thankful for. He is one loved baby! I love watching Spencer with him. They are so cute together and I really see Spencer in Jacob. It has been so much fun having a boy. I LOVED having a girl and didn't know what to expect with a boy, but I am definitely whipped! It is so much fun having one of each.

Well that is all for now. Things are going very well and we are really happy. I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog, but for now this is it. Until next time!


1 comment: