Pages

Sunday, March 15

Harvard Religous Panel

This is taken from my friend Bryan Tanner's blog. I watched the video and Rachel does an excellent job explaining the fundamental beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Quoted from Bryan:

Here is just one, 20-minute clip of a religious panel of Harvard students discussing their respective beliefs. Each of these Harvard students did a great job.

Rachel Esplin, the third panel member eloquently fielded questions regarding an assortment of specific LDS topics such as:

* General religious background and how that interacts with her life.

* Missionary service.

* Religious discrimination/confrontations (cult?)

* Anti-Mormons and inequality of women (Priesthood).

* Who was Joseph Smith and what does he mean to you?

* How to know the truth?

* Who is Jesus Christ?

* Temple garments and secret covenants.

* Will you marry a Mormon?

Only 20 years old, Rachel represented the Church with honor while still showing deference towards other Christian and non-Christian faiths. Well done Rachel.
Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome panel huh... I watched them all at work. I really enjoyed the jewish guy- very interesting. Also, I thought about you and your "homies" when Elder Sybrowski came to our stake conference this last weekend... very inspiring speakers.

    ReplyDelete