
I am training to run in the St. George marathon October 2nd. I will be running it with my sister-in-law Laura, and two good friends Angelyn and Stephanie. We find out if we got in the race (it's a lottery) on May 11th. We are crossing our fingers! In other news I went down to MOAB this weekend to mountain bike. I went with a really great group of people from Sandy. I rode on a sweet mountain bike my friend Val let me borrow. We rode Porcupine Rim on Saturday (in the rain-thunderstorm and lightning and all), which is a 16-mile trail (four miles up hill and the other 11 all downhill). I am getting a lot better at riding down hill on rough terrain. After the ride we drove into Moab and ate at Zax's pizza, came back to our campsite, and found our tent had been filled with water from the storm. Several of our group members' clothes got soaked including sleeping bags, pillows, and nice clothes they were going to wear for church on Sunday. We had a fun time fixing all of that. After our stomachs settled down from all the yummy pizza we headed out to ride Slickrock Bike Trail. This too is a challenging trail, but much different from Porcupine Rim. We only had enough sunlight to do the 3 mile practice loop, which was enough for us to have some fun and practice our technique. Even though I ended the day exhausted, I totally enjoyed every second of trip. The following morning we went to sacrament meeting (and of course I forgot my church clothes). It was still a really neat experience for me because I still felt completely welcome and comfortable. I think it was Elder Packer who said "if you don't smell smoke in sacrament then you are doing something wrong." I got up and bore my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel no matter where you are, who you are, what you do, or what you wear. After church we went on a couple of hikes through Arches including a trip to the Delicate Arch and Landscape Arch. I just love Moab.
I also will have the great opportunity to be an efy counselor this summer in Tacoma, Washington and near Portland, Oregon. I'm super excited to finally have this experience. I've been trying to be an efy counselor for the past 3 years and now I finally got in! I think I'm also going to be coaching at the BYU Volleyball Camps for two weeks. I will post pictures later of my trip. Adios!



So fun! You are such a busy, busy girl!!! I really hope you are able to find a teaching job! I bet you are a great teacher. :)
ReplyDelete-Ashley
Julie...thanks for your sweet comment!
ReplyDeleteI am going to follow your blog now :)
Please keep in touch...Miss Ya!
wow, looks cold, but way fun! We should go biking sometime this summer. I haven't ridden a bike for years though, I'll have to get back into it. :) EFY in oregon! woo! should be a blast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! I love mini vacations. Let me know if you made the marathon lottery! (just so I can be happy for you lol) Good luck with the job hunt!
ReplyDeleteJulie- you are so tuff and athletic, I feel like I get a pretty good workout just looking at your pictures!
ReplyDelete