I feel this year I have been more into the Christmas spirit than I have in a really long time. I think a lot of it has to do with being married and having a small family of my own. Plus, I have a whole new family I have grown to love :). The Bagley's and Harper's have been so much fun to get to know and I feel like I have been in their family forever. Also, my brother Dustin and his family moved out to Utah after Thanksgiving, which has been such a treat. I love having so many people so close to us!!
I tried to get as many pictures of our favorite trees that we saw that night. There were so many that it was hard to choose which ones to photograph.
Jed and Chelsea were able to come and enjoy the festival with us. It was good to see them and get to see Chelsea's fabulous new hair cut!
I Couldn't believe a BYU & UTAH tree were 2 in 1. It was like the Twilight Zone. Doodododododo!!!
Go COUGARS!
This tree totally reminds me of the movie GREASE!
I like to call these Twinkle Lights (like from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)
Remember that snow storm we had about a month ago that everyone was freaking out about? Well, Spence and I decided to be brave and hit the road to West Jordan. It took us about 2 hours to get there, and we only got stuck once (because a guy in front of us stalled on a hill). It was a tense drive but we enjoy risking our lives once in a while. Who doesn't?
Our Christmas Tree, given to us by my mother-in-law...decorations and all!! I like the fake trees because they are super low maintenance. One day though, when we have kids, I want to go and get a real Christmas tree...it might take some convincing of the husband, but believe you me we will have one someday!
We had a great time decoating the tree. We even used some of our wedding decorations from our receptions. We had several Christmas trees at our receptions so it is cool to have those memories continue with us.
Here's just a fun picture of me and my sweetie. After the Festival of Trees we went to the Phillip's and played the Dice Game. This is the game of all games where if you lose, you have to do something pre-planned that the entire group decides on. This time Spencer lost and had to lick my toe. Christian also lost one round and he had to put mustard down his face and leave it on for the whole next game. Apparently mustard burns your face. Hehe.
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Up next is our anniversary, snowmobiling, Christmas, and the Temple Square Lights!!

Julie, you look so good! I love your shirt, jewelry, and scarf. You're so stylish.
ReplyDelete