Pages

Thursday, October 6

Exciting News and my Birthday!

Life has been so busy I am just now getting to all of these blog posts. 
I started my full time PE/Health Teaching job at Kearns Jr. High in August. I am also the head coach of the Boys Volleyball and Basketball teams. It was been such a fun/challenging/busy time of my life, but I am very grateful for this learning experience. I have definitely been growing in ways I never thought I would before, so that is definitely good. Anyway, so that's why I have been so bad about blogging! So here we go:

About a month or two ago I went with Laura and the kids to the Utah Pioneer Museum in Salt Lake City. It was a blast! The museum is rich with culture, heritage, and so much more. I was amazed at the spirit I felt of our pioneer heritage. The trials and temptations they went through and endured is so incredible. If you have never been, take a trip there! It is definitely worth it. 

After the tour we took some pictures outside by the garden. I had to share this picture of Katsie because it is just so adorable! I miss her so much and also Lily, Lainey, and Bryan. They are such wonderful kids and I'm so glad I had a full year to be with them. 


Tried to get Lainey to smile but she was so shy!


Bryan actually climbed up on this statue just minutes later. He's pretty adventurous.

I also had a birthday in August. Yep, I'm now 26! It's crazy how fast time has gone. I remember being 21 like it was yesterday. I hope I have something to show for my age..
Maybe a husband, a full time job, and a baby on the way? 

Yep, that's right! I am pregnant! Due April 8, 2012. 

We are so excited and can't wait to find out the sex of the baby. I am now in my 2nd trimester and am feeling so much better! Working full time and having morning sickness, plus commuting 45 minutes to SLC every day has been really challenging. But I know the Lord is blessing me with a wonderful baby so it will all be worth it come April! 

So back to my birthday. Laura asked me what I wanted for my birthday cake and I said I don't want cake. I wanted an Oreo Cheesecake instead! It was soooo delicious. Laura always makes the best cakes a.k.a. cheesecakes! Hehe. Here it is!


My birthday fans--Kate, Spence, and Lainers!


Lily BUG!



Oh yeah, be jealous of my Nike Smurf Shoes! These were part of my birthday present. I needed some good shoes for my new PE teaching job!


We had a tradition for the last 2 months to eat dinner at Dustin's house on Sundays. Each Sunday we would try out a new Indian Food recipe. This day we had Red Curry and decided to go Thai instead. Here is Spencer making the Naan bread. So yummy!


After dinner Dustin took us all down to a little creek behind his house. We took the dog Dolly and nearly lost her. There was a rope swing and everything but we didn't swim because it was Sunday. Utah has some pretty gorgeous places that are hard to find!







After our walk we enjoyed my Oreo Cheesecake! I'm so lucky to have so many people who love me!






At the end of August Laura ran a half marathon race: 
The Top of Utah Half Marathon in Logan. 
I really wanted to see her run so Spencer and I drove up to Logan to see her finish. She did SO well! She ran it in 1:57 minutes. So impressive! She trained hard all summer and all her hard work definitely paid off. Great job girl!!




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Julie!!!! That's so exciting!!! Glad you're feeling better. Congrats on your job too, Coach :) And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the baby! I am so excited for you! Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Congratulations! Babies rock. :D And so do those smurf shoes. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you to have a baby! I can't wait to find out what you are having! You have to keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete