So part of being a YW leader is attending Girls Camp. I actually was sort of dreading going this year because I would have to be away from home for almost a week. Spencer had already been gone for a week for Scout Camp, so it was hard to leave this time around. We're trying to get used to this being-apart-deal that happens a couple times a year. But not too comfortable! So I packed all my stuff up and headed up the canyon to Mutual Dell. I was in charge of the 4th year girls and a YCL. I ended up really enjoying camping with the girls and I feel like I really got to know the leaders a lot better too.
We did certification, canoeing, zip lining, a confidence course, 3 and 5 mile hikes, a campfire, devotionals, quiet time, and some CRAZY camp songs! MORE RAISINS...FAT JUICY RAISINS! Yes, it was a blast and we probably got too crazy at times, but that's what Girls Camp is for!
I didn't get a lot of pictures because, well, it got dropped in the lake when we were canoeing. Fortunately it has dried up and it works just fine now. But after the 2nd day I couldn't get any more pics. So this is what we have.
The theme this year was "Believe In Your Own Super Hero"
Our slogan was "TO ETERNITY AND BEYOND" and our super hero was
Righteous Babes of Zion
Below: Nneka!! She was one of our fabulous YCLs and also one of my Laurels. She is so awesome.
Lexie and Sami, a couple of the Mia Maids
A more complete picture of the group...every girl from our ward + the wonderful leaders!
The first night we did a presentation of the flag and skit/song for the rest of the camp. Our girls were pretty much the loudest and most fun group. As you can see below.
Ever heard of the RAISIN SONG?
On Wednesday we did our adventure day of canoeing, zip lining, and the challenge course. This was the point where my camera got thrown into the lake (accidentally--thanks to one of the beehives!)
We had some canoe races and then decided to all link our boats together and watch each other jump into the freezing water. I did not think I was going to do it, in fact, I was sure of it! But, peer pressure is a real thing and ALL of the leaders ended up jumping in! Except Sister Errebo who was taking pictures and was several months pregnant :)
And here is Sister Jones being the first brave leader to jump in. She ended up jumping in TWICE after she saw my camera floating away. She pretty much was my hero that day! Too bad she is moving away :(
Hopefully I will get to go to girls camp again next year. It was a blast and I feel like I connected a lot more with a few of the girls. It's amazing what 1 week in the mountains can do to friendship. Thanks girls for a great camp!
No comments:
Post a Comment