Pages

Monday, March 22

Last Sunday

Last Sunday was the pits! I woke up in the middle of the night feeling terribly sick and the whole rest of the day was spent sleeping! We were supposed to host dinner club but decided it not a good idea. So we did it this week and it was so much fun! Plus, it was Spencer's 22nd birthday, so it ended up being kind of perfect :)

Funny story though. When Spencer found out I was sick he kindly offered to go to the store to get me some medicine. I of course accepted and off he went. He came back 2 minutes later saying "the car won't start." I was thinking "great...I'm already sick, we had to miss church, and NOW the car won't start!". So we called a couple of people and decided that the battery was bad. So Spencer had to take the battery out of the car and walk the 50 pound battery down to Checker's to get a NEW battery. As he was taking it out he realized the connection to the battery was entirely corroded and it disintegrated right in his hands. So while he was at Checker's they charged it up and determined that the battery WAS bad, so we had to buy a brand new $97 battery. Ugh. On top of that Spencer ended up having to walk up and down the street about 2 miles to Checker's carrying heavy things while he waited for it to charge. When he came home he had to INSERT the new battery and also figure out how to replace the bolts that were totally corroded. All in between this he made fried chicken and fed me dinner and ALSO went to the store to get me medicine and gatorade! What an amazing husband!

So by the time he figured out the battery situation it was already 8pm and our day was gone. It was a bad day in the moment--me being sick, missing church, and the battery situation totally sucking up his day--but we both realized it was an actual blessing in disguise that I got sick. If I hadn't gotten sick, Spencer wouldn't have found out the battery was dead. If we didn't know the battery was dead then the next morning we would have started the car and found out it was dead. And then we both would have missed work and school. Also, dinner club yesterday instead of last week was so much more fun because we were able to celebrate it on his birthday! I feel like we are sometimes inadvertently blessed through trials sometimes. I suppose that is what this life is all about--getting through the trials and difficult situations so that we can learn and grow and then reap the rewards later!

Life is funny sometimes. Isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I like that story Julie. Life is full of wonderful (although at the time difficult) surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude Julie, it just makes me so happy. That is why I'm so glad you are my friend!

    ReplyDelete