Pages

Wednesday, March 3

RADkids



Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know of this personal empowerment safety education class I teach to my 1st and 3rd graders every week! It is such a cool program and if you have kids or nieces and nephews I highly recommend you sign them up for a class! Some schools in Provo teach it, but it is often offered through the county. RAD stands for resisting aggression defensively and here is the website to learn even more! www.radkids.org

Radkids topics include:
  • Home, School and Vehicle Safety
  • Out and About Safety
  • Realistic Defense Against Abduction
  • Good-Bad-Uncomfortable Touch and more.
  • Stranger Tricks (including Physical Defense against Abduction)
  • Self-realization of personal power
Ed Smart even has a few words to say about how awesome this program is!
"The day that Elizabeth came home was such a wonderful day for us. But I felt so strongly for all the parents out there that do not have the ending we have. And I think if there's a way of helping to prevent that situation, then you should do it. I really feel that radKIDS® can make a difference." --Ed Smart on the CBS Early Show, February 22, 2005

If you are interested, they have classes for ages 3 1/2 - 12 years old ALL OVER UTAH. This website has all the different locations that radkids is being taught http://radkids.org/locator/index.php?State=ut

I have seen a big change in my students in their personal courage, empowerment, and knowledge about their own safety. I love teaching this important subject everyday and being able to hopefully make a difference in these students lives. Every kid should take this class!!!

2 comments:

  1. You did see me. I am going to institute there. I'm done with religion credit and I didn't want to get graded anymore so I classes there. Also I love your blog. I don't comment as much as I should but it looks like you are having lots of fun and loving married life.

    ReplyDelete