Autumn was born on Tuesday morning and we came home Wednesday afternoon.
I know that sounds like I didn't stay very long, but considering I went into labor on Sunday, we were ready to go home. Plus, I went into the hospital on Monday night so it seemed like I had been there longer. After coming home though, I realized I probably should have stayed one more day at the hospital to rest and heal up. Coming home was nice, but the room service food stopped and that in and of itself would have been worth the extra night stay.
We dressed Autumn all up in her BYU gear and headed home (which was only 5 minutes away). Christie and Ben met us there to see the baby for the first time. It was so cute watching Hayden (her cousin) and her meet for the first time!
(I love the binkie in this picture)
Meeting Aunt Christie for the first time
Hayden at 6 months. Such a cute baby! He was so intrigued by the baby.
Grandma Connie so in love with her new granddaughter!
Uncle Ben!
Pink and Blue
The first few days postpartum were the hardest. I didn't realize how exhausted and overwhelmed I was going to feel. People told me I was going to be tired, but I didn't realize just HOW tired I could get. Plus, breastfeeding was such a challenge at first. My nipples were so sore I felt like giving up. Luckily, I met with a lactation specialist the first week back and that helped a ton. She gave me different techniques and a couple tools to help things along. We went to get her checked on at the doctors on Friday and they said Autumn was losing weight and they were really concerned. She weighted 8 pounds 9 oz. when she was born and weighed in at 8 pounds when we left the hospital (which was normal). But on Friday when she got weighed she was at 7 pounds 9 ounces. So we had to use a little bit of formula for a day to get her weight back up until my milk came in. When we went to get her weight checked the next day she had gained 4 ounces. I was so relieved! And proud that all that feeding the day before had paid off.
Now she is healthy and getting chunkier every day!
A couple days later grandma and grandpa Bagley came to meet her!
Brad and Michelle with Autumn Michelle
Look at how little she was! Oh my goodness so precious.
Happy daddy!
He is so in love with his little girl!
About a week after she was born some very close friends came to take a peek at the little bean nut
I can't believe how much she has grown since then!
Some day this picture will be in their wedding slideshow. Right Chelsea?
Little did you know that Andrew enjoyed sucking on both binkies that night. Such a cute little boy!
Not sure what to think about this one!
Happy Mama!!!
And then a few days after that we moved! Here is Uncle Richie (Richard) meeting Autumn for the first time. I felt so bad because I couldn't help Spencer pack up anything or move anything. I was worthless! Luckily I have a great husband who was willing to do everything for me and let me rest. It was pretty stressful moving though. Next time, we will NOT be moving the same month I have a baby! The Bagley's came and moved all of our stuff out of the house. It was so nice of them I couldn't be more grateful for my family.
Just hanging out with her mom's keys
No comments:
Post a Comment