Pages

Monday, December 3

Autumn Bagley at 6 & 7 Months!

Autumn is growing like crazy! Her last appointment she weighed at about 17 pounds. It is incredible how quickly she is growing and learning new things. We love her and cherish her more than life itself. A few things she is doing at 6 & 7 months:

6 Month Check-up
Height: 25 3/4 inches--47%
Weight: 16.6 pounds--57%
Head: 42 1/4 cm--53%

My favorite photo from her 7 month photo shoot. We took these ourselves!


Immunizations: Pentacel, Hep B, Prevnar, Rotateq, Flu shot and booster 4 weeks later

1. Beginning to crawl. She started out doing an army crawl and it has now advanced to a real crawl. Once she started to try, she picked up on it really quickly! She is determined to get wherever she wants to go. She is now crawling on just her hands and feet. I call it the bear crawl. I can tell she wants to 
walk. 

2. Trying to stand up and now is full on standing! It was amazing it only took her a couple of days to get it. She was falling a lot at first so we had to move our coffee table out of the room. Before we know it she will be pushing buttons on the TV. Yikes! She is starting to learn the word "no" from dad. Not sure if she quite realizes what it means. 

3. Smiling all the time! Does not laugh as much as she used to. She does not smile at strangers. Instead she just gives a blank stare. 

4. Saying "mmmmommma" and "da" all the time and "ayayayayayaya" "dedededede"

5. Eating more solid foods. She likes squash a lot but not apples. She still prefers mom's milk over solids, but if she thinks we are giving her something we are eating, she wants it...especially if it tastes really good! I started giving her drinks of my water and she drinks really well from a glass. When she is hungry she still says "neh".

6. Still putting everything in her mouth. At first she was really into feeling things with her hands and was obsessed with textures. Now it all goes straight into the mouth! She loves touching faces and sticking her hands in mouths. She also loves to suck on any part of skin because she probably thinks it is a nipple. She understands now when it is time to nurse and gets really excited about it. 

7. If she is trying to get your attention, or if she is really excited about something, she'll start panting like a dog and then it goes straight to a big smile when you give it to her. She loves playing with my keys and my cell phone. Grandma Bagley got her some fun toys for Christmas. I can't wait for her to try them out!

8. Facial features. Her eyes are incredible! I think they will be brown but they do have a hint of blue in them. She has thin little lips and her dad's nose. She has not cut any teeth yet, but I can't wait for them to come in. I think she will look so cute!

9. Opening drawers and cupboards already! In the kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom. Before I know it she will be taking things OUT of drawers and playing with them. She is a very curious and smart little baby. She understands that if I move things away from her enough times that she is not supposed to touch it and will move onto something else. She will try and pick up tiny objects with her hands but she can't really grasp things that are smaller than a button. She is learning!

10. Sleeping habits. Ever since we moved her into her own room, we sleep better and she sleeps better. It is awesome! I do miss having her right next to me, but it was so worth it, especially when I was super tired from my hypothyroidism. She will wake up in the middle of the night once in a while, but we usually let her cry for a good 10 minutes and then she falls back asleep. She was sick a couple of weeks ago and would wake up in the middle of the night with throw up all over her. Definitely picked her up and put her in the tub then! She had a cough and a runny nose for a while, and also a bad skin rash. It has since cleared up. She does have eczema though so we try and keep her nice and lotioned up! Overall she sleeps pretty well. Goes to bed anywhere from 7pm-9:30pm depending on her nap routine during the day. She is up at 7am most days and takes about 2-3 naps/day. They last anywhere from 30 minutes-3 hours. She sleeps really well at daycare, and is beginning to sleep even better at our house!

11. Clothes. She outgrew her 3-6 months clothes very quickly and at 6 months was almost too big for her 6 months clothes. Right now she can wear 9 month sizes pretty comfortably and can even fit size 12 months but they are a little baggy and long. She HATES it when we change her into her pajamas, but doesn't mind if she is getting her diaper changed (usually). 

12. Social interactions. She is becoming very clingy to mommy. I think it is cute, but I wouldn't mind if she also clung to daddy when I was around. She does like going to grandma and grandpa Bagley, but if I am around and she is upset, she will go straight for me! The other day I was in the bathroom doing my hair and every time I looked out to see her she would crawl straight for me. She puts her arms out to be picked up. It is so cute! She is still doing the spitting thing with her mouth and likes to put her fingers in her mouth and chew on them. She does not take a binky anymore. If she does have it she will just take it out with her hands and play with it. She loves to stick her tongue out too!

13. She loves to look in the mirror and smiles at herself every time. She also likes watching/hearing videos of herself. We started playing peek a boo and patty cake and she loves those games a lot. She also loves to have books read to her and likes to touch/feel the pages. I wish we had more baby books for her to play with. She also LOVES getting a bath! We have little duckies for her to play with in the tub and she is starting to stand up on the side. She understands that the water is not good for her and keeps her head out of it. She crawls all around the tub. She also does really well playing by herself in her crib if there are toys. 

14. Nick names: Bubba Girl (from mommy), CUTE (from mommy), bean nut (from mommy), CUTIE (from mommy), LOVEY (from mommy), Baby Autumn (daddy), TUMNS (uncle Travis), AUTUMN BOTTOM (Marci Watson), and some others I am sure.











1 comment:

  1. Julie!! My goodness, she is looking so much like you. That is one good lookin' Autumn-bottom. I'd love to see you soon! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete