Pages

Monday, April 12

Easter/Spring Break/Conference/Life!

Some of you may know that Spring Break was last week for me. It was such a nice break to get away from teaching for a while. But today I went back, and I loved it! I guess that shows I have a job I like, right? It was just the right amount of time to catch up on some much needed things to get done around the house, and catch up on blogging, right? I'm so lamo...

Anyway, it all started Friday April 2nd. I RACED home to get all of our stuff ready because Spencer's family was leaving at 5p.m. sharp. We made it out the door in record time and made it to West Jordan to carpool with his folks. We arrived in Richmond late that night to find a whole house full of people! We decided to sleep at his dead great-grandmother Nellie's house...which still smells like the 101 year-old woman! It was QUITE the adventure. Spencer made me and Michael (his brother) go downstairs in the basement with NO lights on and get a can of pickles from the food storage and bring it back up. So we did. About half way down the stairs we hear a door open. There is Spencer trying to scare us! So we turned the lights on and never quite got the pickle jar. Oh well.

This is how we entertained ourselves on Friday night. It's amazing what you can do with one flashlight, a lot of patience, and a light flickering on and off :)

This is Richard. Probably the coolest guy I know. He went biking 7 miles with me while I was running along side him this weekend. What a pal!


Part of Grandma Nellie's house collection. Nice mullet (and face) Spencer



The next day we enjoyed listening to conference, playing football, eating yummy food, quilting, and going out to ice cream at Casper's (a conference tradition). I love being a part of a new family with new traditions! The quilting is also a tradition--and I was lucky because learning how to sew and make a quilt is one of my goals for this year. I know, so Mormon like, but I think it's a great skill to know! Luckily his grandma hadn't finished the two wedding quilts for Christie and I. Christie (my sis-in-law) got married about 3 months before Spencer and I. So a bunch of us gals spent a majority of the day on Saturday and Sunday tying quilts. I'm so excited to see the final finished product!

This is Hope. I love this girl! So fun to be around. She is my new cousin and she gets married in mid June! Congratulations Hope!


My first quilt. Mom must be proud.


I think this put Mama Bagley to sleep!


She's showing me the ropes


Later that night the boys headed off to Priesthood. The gals had planned to go out shopping during this time. The gals include me, Christie, mama Bagley, and Nan and Hope (cousins). Turns out I wasn't important enough to be remembered. Because when I came out to see where everyone was, they said they already left! My Aunt Terry called them and they came back in a jif. They did forget me but they felt SO BAD it ended up being really funny. Spencer's mom said Spencer wouldn't forgive her if they had really forgotten me altogether. We laughed about it the whole way to the store. It ended up being a good deal because we had some good quality sisterhood time and she bought me a cool shirt! We also went to the DI and looked at the cool wedding dresses since Hope is getting married this summer. It was an adventure, and something I'm sure we'll laugh about come next conference.

Ice Cream at Casper's with the whole family




On Sunday we watched the kiddos do an Easter Egg Hunt. Because there was so many people we didn't really get to watch and listen to too much of conference, which I was bummed about. I tried to listen to as much as I could! Luckily conference is available online, too :) Grandma Bagley prepared a special Easter Sunday meal. After we ate we left and zoomed down to ROY where his other grandparents live. It was sure fun to see them! We love the Harper's so much. They have done so much for us in the short time that I've known them.

Spencer's other brother, Michael. He is such a ladies man. And such a cool kid. I really like him!


Michael, James and Tyler, and Richard. The two in the middle are cousins. They got to go on the Easter egg hunt. No fair!


Me and my Bags. So cuddly. So cute.


Our fabulous almost graduated sister and brother Ben and Christie.


Michael hunting for the eggs!


It's much more fun when you're actually hunting the eggs!


That night we slept again at Grandma Nellie's house. We watched the movie "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock. So good! So sad about her husband though. Anyway, so that night Spencer's mom and dad decided to join us. The only bed left was the downstairs basement bed. This BED WAS HIS GRANDPA'S BED WHEN HE WAS A KID! Apparently it was like a tac0 bed because the sides kept folding up like a taco during the middle of the night. It was freezing down there too! I felt bad for them, but we all thought it was hilarious. Hehe.

Hope, Nan, and Spencer



Christie and Ben--inseparable!



Like mother like son!




Oh yeah! We also bought a car! It's a 2002 ZX3 Ford Focus Hatchback. Way super cute! It was a steal of a deal because we bought it from his grandparents. I need to sell my Honda Accord. If you want to buy it, check it out on ksl.com. That is the link.

My old car. I'm so sad to say goodbye. It was a great car...broke down a lot, but it still runs!



Here we are for another Easter Egg Hunt in Roy. I'm still getting to know this side of the family. They are way awesome!!


So Spring Break was so cool. I got a lot of things done around the house. I even got my running in for the week and enjoyed spending time with my lovely husband in a more stress-free environment from teaching. Last weekend we played basketball again with some guys in West Jordan. Love it!
Basketball. Boys are SO silly!



Just call us Team Win.



I love holidays and I'm so grateful to have family so close! I hope you enjoyed your Easter and Conference weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet little blog post!! what fun in-laws you have - a great match for you ba! Glad you guys had a fun Easter! The Bagley's invited me but I was sooo busy, ugh. I hate that. Tell them sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete