Pages

Friday, April 9

CELEBRATING
SuSpEnCeR's 22nd year of
Life



I've always been very big on birthdays, but Spencer likes to make sure no one knows about his birthday and he likes to keep things very simple. For me, I like throwing surprise parties and making them a bid deal, so we compromised! It just happened to be dinner club the same day at our house, so we celebrated with his favorite birthday dessert and a HaPpY BiRtHdAy song.

The night before we had JUST gotten back from Richmond when I realized I needed to get my spouse a birthday present, extra food for dinner group, and some ingredients to a secret dessert I wanted to plan for him.

DIRT DESSERT


So off I went to Wal-Mart at 11:30p.m. I know, I'm a great procrastinator. What Spencer DID not know is that I was being sneaky. Spencer had mentioned to me earlier that every birthday when he was a kid his mom would make him a "dirt" dessert. It's an oreo cream pudding concoction that sounded really yummy since I love oreo so much.

So I called his house and talked to his 11 year old brother Richard (who is so cool!). While I was talking to him Spencer came into the car and asked who I was talking to. I said "my dad." So I wrote down the recipe as quickly as I could and hoped he didn't know what I was doing. He saw me writing down things for ingredients, but didn't know why I was talking to my dad of all people for a recipe.


So when we got home I went to wal-mart and got all the necessary items for the birthday and dinner club we were having that same day.

I did not want Spencer to know I made him dirt, so I woke up early the next morning and made it. I had to use the blender in the bathroom to not wake him up, but some oreo shavings made their way into the sink. He later came and asked me "why are there matches shavings all over the bathroom?" I said "Umm...I lit a match! Yeah, I lit a match!" I think he figured it out. Oh well. He was very happy that I took the time to make it for him.

For his birthday I got him an electric razor and some cadbury eggs (his favorite). He loved it! Now he shaves more often...thankfully!


Getting our house ready for dinner club.


Pretending like he was surprised:)



Our lovely D-CLUB Homies


Not pictured: Chelsea and Jed (due to their constant tardiness). JK BA love you girl! They were actually there sitting on the couch eating away :)


No comments:

Post a Comment